TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Homelink auto-open feature triggers way too soon

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by BarryBo, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BarryBo

BarryBo New Member

My new Model X tries to open the garage door more than 100' before I reach the door. It signals before I even make the final turn into the driveway. I have tried nosing up to the garage door and using the UI to reset the GPS fix, but no luck.

When I back out of the garage, it correctly signals the door from about 20' feet away.

Our Model S opens the door from much closer... more than 20' feet away, but still in range, and at least with the car pointing the right direction.

Does anyone else have this problem, or advice about how to improve the geo-location of my garage door?

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

You can delete this entry and then reset it to see if that helps.

Personally I would not mind 100 feet (my driveway is 400 feet). Mine opens now at about 60 feet I think and does close at 20 feet too.

3. outie

outie Member

I do not have this problem with my X. It started the homelink beep right @ the driveway curb. I have a regular driveway with about 1.5 car length before it reaches the garage door from the street.

4. mtnbrit

mtnbrit Member

+1 for it triggering too soon