Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink connection: Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, new owner of a 2015 85D, super excited and been playing a tonne, have just about everything figured out except one thing, and that is getting my Chamberlain garage door openers to program on the homelink. Everything I view online says I should be holding one of the remotes close to the front of the car when the screen prompts me and so does the homelink assistant, yet when I run the setup in the car all it says is " hit the training button and then hit continue" when I do that it says it works yet when I run a test there is nothing. Here are some of my screenshots why is my setup not having me press the hand remote in front of the car? Why won't this work?

Attachments

• IMG_0197.png
    IMG_0197.png
    408.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 45
...yet when I run the setup in the car all it says is " hit the training button and then hit continue"...

That's a middle step, not the beginning one.

You only do the above AFTER successful garage remote-control signaling to the front or frunk of your Tesla.

If the screen doesn't tell you to get a remote control to the front of your Tesla first, you need to delete that "Right" name program and add another one.

Hi Tam thanks for the reply. That's the thing the tesla walkthrough screen isn't telling me to go out side and point my remote at the car, it simply tells me to hit the learn button then it's done. I'm simply following the screen for setup on homelink...

Ahh no I just found the issue! I noticed under the settings there was a blue link called "change transmital type" or something like that. Because this was owned by another user they had a setting in there for a non standard type of garage opener from the looks of it. Changed that setting to "standard" and voila, when I created a new opener there was the option to stand out front of my car first. All good, super easy once that was changed.. (you'd barely notice that on the screen)

Reactions: StarLog