Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware of a way to operate Homelink with either voice control or with one of the steering wheel buttons? As I share my garage with my spouse, I am reluctant to set up Auto open/close. The current placement of the Homelink control dropdown at the top right of the screen is about as inconvenient as it could possibly be. It is virtually impossible to hit while the car is moving. Lower left side of the screen is the place it should be.

Looks like they updated the software along the way. I just had homelink installed today and setup my side and my wife's side and now I have two big buttons under the car picture when I'm home that says my name and her name to open either door. No menu surfing needed.
I'll see if it picks up my home location ok tomorrow and displays the buttons again when I pull up. I don't want Auto anything either.
All I picture is the mirrors auto fold out rip off then the door comes down on my car.

Still would like voice myself.

Upvote 0
Having a swivel screen mount, I really preferred where the media controls were, and I'm a big fan of the HomeLink being where it is now. Worse than the location is the size of the touch screen button. It use to be huge and easy to hit. I have yet to actually use it as I just got pushed the update tonight, but it seems like it's going to be a pain in the ass to press.

The media controls being where they are now is not as nice as they were with a swivel screen. I'm sure with a stock screen it's an improvement.

Have yet to see how the left area of the screen (traffic visualization) will be with the turn signal cameras up top and the cards down low. Hopefully won't be a big change there.

Reactions: Geezzer and SDRick
Upvote 0