Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Distance Settings not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I live in a normal suburban neighborhood with a 20 foot driveway. I pull straight into my garage to park, I do not reverse in. The auto-open and close settings work, but the Homelink completely ignores the distance settings that I put in the Homelink settings on the Tesla. Basically, wherever I “reset the location” to, it uses that exact GPS spot to auto/open close the garage, no matter whether I’ve set the distance to 20ft, or 100ft. I set the location by pointing the car at the garage door while the vehicle is in Drive, and not moving.

I have a dumb garage door with no other apps used to control it. In my phone, location access for the Tesla app is set to always. Driving a 2021 Vision-only Model Y.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Sort of. The technician came out to take a look and claimed it was expected behavior, that the only thing the distance setting does is change when the "notification" pops up on the screen under the homelink icon. Not sure I really buy it but have been busy.