Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Doesn't Work with Analog (dipstick) Opener?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works!!! Bought a new remote. Put in a new battery. Went to the gate. Popped the frunk. Left the car on. Was able to sync it inside the frunk. Ahhhh...so good! ;)

@Schmidty,
I am having the same issue that you had. Did you have to press the "Learn" button on the OH200?
'Haven't bought a new remote, but replaced my current one with new batteries.
I just got my Model S and been having issues programming the homelink. Any additional tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Sorry for bumping an old old thread but this was the one I found when googling homelink multicode so wanted to give my input to anyone else running into this issue. My transmitter my subdivision gave me is the linear multi-code 3089 remote. I couldnt get it to recognize on any of my cars after numerous attempts so I gave up and bought a couple mini keychain 10 dip switch transmitters

These programmed almost instantly with all my cars with 0 issues. Now I can just roll up to my community gate and it opens like magic. gps homelink is the coolest.

Sorry for bumping an old old thread but this was the one I found when googling homelink multicode so wanted to give my input to anyone else running into this issue. My transmitter my subdivision gave me is the linear multi-code 3089 remote. I couldnt get it to recognize on any of my cars after numerous attempts so I gave up and bought a couple mini keychain 10 dip switch transmitters

These programmed almost instantly with all my cars with 0 issues. Now I can just roll up to my community gate and it opens like magic. gps homelink is the coolest.

Just to clarify: you're now able to use Homelink with your Tesla on the subdivision, without having to use any extra 'clicker'? I'm interpreting what you've said is: 1) the multi-code 3089 remove you had didn't get picked up by your Tesla (Homelink), but (2) when you bought the keychain version, and tried training your Tesla using that keychain blaster, it worked?

Thank you!

Just to clarify: you're now able to use Homelink with your Tesla on the subdivision, without having to use any extra 'clicker'? I'm interpreting what you've said is: 1) the multi-code 3089 remove you had didn't get picked up by your Tesla (Homelink), but (2) when you bought the keychain version, and tried training your Tesla using that keychain blaster, it worked?

Thank you!

Yep that’s correct. I just matched the dip switches from the big linear remote to the mini keychain ones and then use the keychain ones to program homelink. Tesla instantly picked up the keychain remote and now it works without any remote.

Reactions: roborob