TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HomeLink dropping garagedoor code after latest update

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by NOVA-2018M3, Jul 26, 2018.

1. NOVA-2018M3

NOVA-2018M3 New Member

Has anyone else experienced the HomeLink no longer being able to activate the garage door? I had to reset it last night and this morning it no longer activated the garage door. Keeping the normal opener in the car now...

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Latest update? Which version specifically?

Might be related, but did you install LED bulbs in the garage door opener? There was another thread about homelink issues and I learned from there that normal LED bulbs really screw with the RF signal. Homelink on my Mustang never had that big of a problem but the Model 3 is much more sensitive to the interference that the LED bulbs emit. I recently switched to Genie LED bulbs that are specifically designed for use in garage door openers and that completely elimated my problems and doubled the range too.

• Like x 1
  3. MX458Dave

MX458Dave Member

Yes, my homelink died in my x. Using old remote again too. No bulb changes.

4. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Which software version???

5. MX458Dave

MX458Dave Member

2018.21.9 for me

6. Terthen

Terthen Member

My homelink has been really inconsistent. It works sometimes and other Tim’s it doesn’t. It doesn’t show that it sends a signal with the little radar like icon that appears when it sends the signal. The first 3times i would reset and reconnect then i realized the radar icon wasn’t coming up so sometimes it just doesn’t send the signal (even though the Homelink button appears.

No issues like that with our X. I’m just hoping it gets fixed I’m another build.

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Humm I’ve been on 24.1 and it’s fine. I thought it was a 26.x issue.

8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Never had any Homelink issues
    Was on 21.6
    Now 26.1