Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink dropping garagedoor code after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update? Which version specifically?

Might be related, but did you install LED bulbs in the garage door opener? There was another thread about homelink issues and I learned from there that normal LED bulbs really screw with the RF signal. Homelink on my Mustang never had that big of a problem but the Model 3 is much more sensitive to the interference that the LED bulbs emit. I recently switched to Genie LED bulbs that are specifically designed for use in garage door openers and that completely elimated my problems and doubled the range too.

Reactions: Troy916
My homelink has been really inconsistent. It works sometimes and other Tim’s it doesn’t. It doesn’t show that it sends a signal with the little radar like icon that appears when it sends the signal. The first 3times i would reset and reconnect then i realized the radar icon wasn’t coming up so sometimes it just doesn’t send the signal (even though the Homelink button appears.

No issues like that with our X. I’m just hoping it gets fixed I’m another build.