Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Gate opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't get my Model 3 to learn my community gate opener. I already tried fresh batteries. It did learn my regular garage opener with no problems. Any one else had this issue ? Any suggestions ? My model S had no problem learning both remotes btw so I think the Model 3 would/should do as well.

When I tried configuring my gate with my Model 3, it didn't recognize the remote by just following the instructions listed. I had to hold the remote reeaallyyy close in between the headlights and press and hold the button for exactly 2 seconds twice until the lights flashed. Holding it longer didn't work for some reason.

Reactions: GJ79
When I tried configuring my gate with my Model 3, it didn't recognize the remote by just following the instructions listed. I had to hold the remote reeaallyyy close in between the headlights and press and hold the button for exactly 2 seconds twice until the lights flashed. Holding it longer didn't work for some reason.

Thanks will try that, so you held it centered between the headlights cause the screen shows it to place it towards the right headlight.

I also had to do the same thing. Press and hold and I also had to have the frunk open. I read that somewhere on this forum and it worked. It took me 2 tries but it did work eventually. Good luck!

Perfect opening the frunk worked !!!!! Problem solved.

Reactions: ebmcs03
The model 3 is extremely hard to program for a community gate. I tried all of the methods above for both of my 2 model 3’s.

Here is the best method after repeated trial and error hands down, and fresh batteries are recommended:

1) Park close to gate.
2) Open front hood trunk.
3) Initiate learning sequence
4) Point remote from inside of front hood trunk towards the middle front where the latch from the hood fits, NOT from the outside of the car towards the nose, rather from inside the trunk pointing towards the nose, specifically aiming at where the latch hole is.
5) As pointed out above, multiple 2 second bursts work the best until the front lights flash.

After I figured it out for my Model 3, I was able to rapidly program the SO’s Model 3 and end a long history of nagging.

Just my tried and true $0.02.

Enjoy!

Reactions: mgs333 and xkwizit
The model 3 is extremely hard to program for a community gate. I tried all of the methods above for both of my 2 model 3’s.

Here is the best method after repeated trial and error hands down, and fresh batteries are recommended:

1) Park close to gate.
4) Point remote from inside of front hood trunk towards the middle front where the latch from the hood fits, NOT from the outside of the car towards the nose, rather from inside the trunk pointing towards the nose, specifically aiming at where the latch hole is.
5) As pointed out above, multiple 2 second bursts work the best until the front lights flash.

After I figured it out for my Model 3, I was able to rapidly program the SO’s Model 3 and end a long history of nagging.

Enjoy!
This totally worked! Thank you

1) Park close to gate.

Enjoy!
Tried this on my X with a DoorKing gate and it worked like a charm. Thanks for sharing!