Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Icon is Missing After MCU2 Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Droschke

Mar 8, 2015
Future
Just had my MCU1 upgraded to MCU2. All good except when I proceed to set up my garage door for it, the HomeLink icon at the top of the touchscreen is missing (picture attached). A factory reset hasn’t helped. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm posting this issue here on the main page since there are multiple MCU2 upgrade threads. Also, a search did not come up with any results.

1659284161866.png

UPDATE:
I drove the car a bit and after parking and later going back to the car, the icon appeared. I assume after a factory reset it's good idea to drive a bit and wait for any missing icon to show up.

Last edited:
have schedul mcu2 on 2016 model x date they gave me is 2 days before family vacation 200 miles away should i reschedule thought this was a one day install my appointment is at 8:45 am

I would say reschedule it. There is no guarantee that this will be a one day install. Even if they have all parts in good shape ready they still can run into glitches and might keep your car for days. It happened to me.