Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink in the refreshed Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know they stopped including Homelink in Model 3s and it is an add-on accessory. Anyone know if the refreshed X and S will include Homelink without having to add it on later? For the price of these two vehicles I would assume that Homelink comes standard, but you never know.

Yes, from the interior features section on the website, it is listed under convenience. That was one of my unreasonable deal breakers. Love the auto open for the gate as I drive into my neighborhood.

Interior Features​

Convenience​

1. Automatic opening and closing front doors
  2. Front center console with sliding cup holders and storage
  3. Automatic opening and closing rear liftgate
  4. Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  5. 91 ft³ of cargo space including a secure front trunk
  6. Wireless and USB-C fast charging
  7. Location-aware automatic garage door opener
  8. Phone Key

Yes, from the interior features section on the website, it is listed under convenience. That was one of my unreasonable deal breakers. Love the auto open for the gate as I drive into my neighborhood.

Interior Features​

Convenience​

1. Automatic opening and closing front doors
  2. Front center console with sliding cup holders and storage
  3. Automatic opening and closing rear liftgate
  4. Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  5. 91 ft³ of cargo space including a secure front trunk
  6. Wireless and USB-C fast charging
  7. Location-aware automatic garage door opener
  8. Phone Key

Thanks! I didn't see this list anywhere. Appreciate you sharing it!

Thanks! I didn't see this list anywhere. Appreciate you sharing it!
Agree, we have a gate and multiple garages so kind of a deal breaker also on car this $$$. Key is that by "automatic garage opener" they mean true homelink or a device in the car and NOT over the Internet integration to MyQ or something for garages which is starting to pop up on cars too.

Reactions: Elixir
I don't want to sound dense, but multiple people say 'dealbreaker', *and* the feature is clearly mentioned on a website:

- is it a 'dealbreaker' that has already caused people to walk away because they require it and will not get it (meaning, I guess, that features listed on the website in this section are *not* included)

Or

- is it a *potential* 'dealbreaker' that *would* cause people to walk away if they could not get it but in fact is being offered so there is no problem

: : confused : :

I don't want to sound dense, but multiple people say 'dealbreaker', *and* the feature is clearly mentioned on a website:

- is it a 'dealbreaker' that has already caused people to walk away because they require it and will not get it (meaning, I guess, that features listed on the website in this section are *not* included)

Or

- is it a *potential* 'dealbreaker' that *would* cause people to walk away if they could not get it but in fact is being offered so there is no problem

: : confused : :
Second, offered and not a problem. Yes, it’s clearly mentioned on the site, but easy to miss. I specifically spent time digging to confirm it had the location aware garage door opener included, and made my purchase after confirming.

Was it a true “dealbreaker?” No, but the feature has been one of those small touches that I’ve really enjoyed. My Model 3 may not have the most lavish interior, but little things like the location aware garage door opener are a different kind of “luxury“ that I don’t want to give up.