Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't received my Model Y yet. I do have the Homelink I ordered. I will pick up my car at the Burbank service center in Southern California.
Can I schedule a service call to have it installed the day I pick up my car or do they have to come to the house to install it?

I haven't received my Model Y yet. I do have the Homelink I ordered. I will pick up my car at the Burbank service center in Southern California.
Can I schedule a service call to have it installed the day I pick up my car or do they have to come to the house to install it?
They send a mobile guy to your house, so that after install, they can verify that it works with your garage door opener. You may need to replace the batteries in your clicker... On mine, it worked fine with one door, but they couldn't get it to learn the other door... Even tho the clicker worked fine, I replaced the batteries, and the car was able to learn the other door.

Reactions: Docfxit
@Docfxit As others have said, it'll be necessary to schedule the Homelink install after you take delivery and they'll come to you via Mobile Service to do the install. This is the perfect time to ask the tech any questions you have and address any other issues you have after driving the car for a few days.

Reactions: Docfxit
I meant how much is HomeLink, but I guess it's immaterial. Everyone is going to get it. Oh Tesla. How I used to like you.
$325

Nice to have but I use clicker that came with house garage opener.

Reactions: Flatbroke