Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink installed but not activated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was replacing my damaged bumper DIY and found out my May 2019 build SR+ had a homelink module all along! Homelink was already removed as a standard option by then.

So I booked a mobile service appointment in hopes of getting it activated for a labour charge but was instead quoted 415$ +tax (Canadian dollars) regardless of the fact that the module was installed at the factory. Anyone have a similar experience? Is it dependent on the service tech?

I've read of many people getting their homelink module activate for a small fee after purchasing on eBay, so it's weird that a module installed at the factory is not ok.

You might have read of "many people getting their homelink module activated for a small fee after purchasing on ebay" but I have not read that a single time. In fact, the only thing I have read, was the cost of the module on ebay + the labor charge cost the same or more as just buying it from tesla.

Maybe if you took it into the SC and told them it was already there you could pay the $150-190 US I read that tesla charges for labor to activate it? Maybe that amount is no longer valid? Its tesla, no one knows.