TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Homelink intermittent

Discussion in 'Model S' started by baw, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. baw

baw Member

I have had my MS for 4 months now. For the past few weeks Homelink only works intermittently. Meaning that it does not always open the garage door on the 1st try. I have to press repeatedly and it will eventually open. This use to work flawlessly. Anybody aware of recent software changes that broke this? Thanks

2. GregKo

GregKo Member

I have this same issue. Not sure when it began giving me problems though...

• Informative x 1
  3. IGotEastBay

IGotEastBay Member

I have this issue as well. Sometimes I have to switch driver profiles to get it to work.

4. dakine1

dakine1 Member

+1 same issue. Works flawlessly on my wife's audi :(

5. Austral

Austral Member

LED bulbs in garage (or neighbor's home) could be the issue. Certain manufacturer bulbs infer with the signal. Also put a larger antenna on your garage door opener drive unit. Worked for me.

6. msnow

msnow Active Member

Happens all the time to many, many people. Lots of threads on this topic. One or all three of the following will fix it:
    1. Full reboot of the main screen (foot on the break, press both scroll wheels and don't let off on all three until you see the Tesla "T" on the screen.
    2. Reset Homelink location.
    3. Remove then re-link Homelink.

• Like x 2
  7. baw

baw Member

Thanks for this! I will try all 3.

• Like x 1
  8. MileHighMotoring

Did that work for you? For 2 years, perfect Homelink behavior. The last 2 weeks have been about 40% success rate. I've rebooted the car, reset the location, but haven't deleted and re-learned yet since that's a bit of a pain. It works SOME times so I know the codes are programmed...

Anyone else? This has to be a bug in the software. Or is the Homelink not properly grounded or something like that?

• Like x 1
  9. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

There are some threads related to delays in app notifications, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was an over Tesla server issue.

10. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Mine worked flawlessly since I received the car in March up until today. Had to use my remote to close the garage door this morning.

11. gjgoody

gjgoody New Member

Ours will close everytime if we touch the button, but the "auto close" will work sometimes and then sometimes it will not give us the option. No rhyme or reason!

12. baw

baw Member

I tried 1 & 2. Did not try #3 (remove and then re-link). Behavior is still intermittent.

13. Hazelwood

Hazelwood Member

I've tried all 3 solutions mentioned above. Didn't fix it long term. I'm planning on calling and scheduling service to have them fix it as I'm tired of auto open not working, followed by manually pushing the garage open on the screen 6-10 times to get it to work.

14. cybergates

cybergates Member

i had to remove and reset and reconfigure (option 3) above after 4 months. I will try 1&2 if it happens again. (AP2 S75D)

15. MileHighMotoring

I know for certain my problems didn't exist prior to getting the last software update.

• Like x 2
  16. Cowbell

Cowbell Member

I've noticed that auto close upon departure does not operate unless I manually open the door with Homelink before pulling out of the garage. Homelink auto open upon arrival works flawlessly for me when arriving home. However, I'm not sure I trust Homelink with Summons. I saw a video where a guy standing outside crashes through his closed garage door when using Summons because Homelink failed to open the garage door, and apparently, the car failed to sense or react appropriately to the closed door. Sure would like to understand how that could happen.

17. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

#17 boonedocks, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    0CB863A6-6B2A-4855-A75F-024ED109AEA5.png +3 to the above posts that it has worked flawless for months and recently has been less hit and more miss for auto opening/closing Even in front of the door it has taken several taps of the homelink button to activate the remote.

Bug report submitted:

18. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I'm staying away from auto-open. Homelink doesn't have an "up" or "down" signal. It just has a "go" signal. So it is very possible for it to get confused. The ultrasonics may not see a partially open door.

Just not worth the risk to me.

I've also had problems with regular open. Very inconsistent.

19. idealsol

idealsol Member

i am still having intermittent Homelink issues
    One thing I've noticed is it tends to fail more often if I I'm leaving or entering garage at a faster speed.

I posted the following in a previous thread about the "trigger point adjustment" for homelink

-------------------------
    The SC adjusted the "trigger time"
    Per the invoice

Corrections: Homelink General Diagnosis

Adjusted trigger time for opening from two seconds to one. Cusotmer: Please advise whether issue is better or worse.

20. headcase

headcase Member

Yeah, same for me too. Homelink now very inconsistent.