Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink is active

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hardware, if you have it lives behind the front bumper.
I understand that early Model S with the centre grille have the wiring but not the Home Link transponder.
If you have an updated Model S or a Model X, so far we only have a 2018 Model S owner confirm that it works.
I speculate that Tesla has rewritten the code to not show the Home Link icon unless it detects the transponder but until more people dig behind their front bumper we’ll never know.
I’d love to know the part number for the transponder on late model cars so I could order one, may have to headlock the service manager at Alexandria to get it out of him when I am there on Wednesday.
see https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/catalog

From what i've read on the US rebuild forums, If you find and install a module it will not initially work. Once a new software update is available it will go through and update the firmware and update the BCM to say that there is a new module there.

From what i've read on the US rebuild forums, If you find and install a module it will not initially work. Once a new software update is available it will go through and update the firmware and update the BCM to say that there is a new module there.
Meaning a large update, like going from v8 to v9? or just an everyday kind of update?

Not sure how correct that is. My car has the module, but it hasnt activated during any of the recent updates. Tesla activated the module discretely and without me doing anything last weekend.

Its not about activating it. It was always active, Getting FW upgrades if there were available in updates, Just not displayed on the MCU.
There will be a point where Tesla enable it for all, and the MCU will detect if the BCM is there or not and display the icon appropriately.
We can see this occurring over the last week primarily with more and more getting the option to enable Homelink