Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink is active

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
U
I presume, now that it’s actually active, that if you have a homelink button top left of your screen next to charge icon, and if you press homelink and it gives you the setup prompts, that you have the hardware.

Unfortunately, the icon still hasn't come back, even after the dual scroll reboot.

I was referring to the location of the hardware, so i could see if my car has the needed hardware at least

The hardware, if you have it lives behind the front bumper.
I understand that early Model S with the centre grille have the wiring but not the Home Link transponder.
If you have an updated Model S or a Model X, so far we only have a 2018 Model S owner confirm that it works.
I speculate that Tesla has rewritten the code to not show the Home Link icon unless it detects the transponder but until more people dig behind their front bumper we’ll never know.
I’d love to know the part number for the transponder on late model cars so I could order one, may have to headlock the service manager at Alexandria to get it out of him when I am there on Wednesday.

The hardware, if you have it lives behind the front bumper.
I understand that early Model S with the centre grille have the wiring but not the Home Link transponder.
If you have an updated Model S or a Model X, so far we only have a 2018 Model S owner confirm that it works.
I speculate that Tesla has rewritten the code to not show the Home Link icon unless it detects the transponder but until more people dig behind their front bumper we’ll never know.
I’d love to know the part number for the transponder on late model cars so I could order one, may have to headlock the service manager at Alexandria to get it out of him when I am there on Wednesday.
They told me the car would open the garage door and drive out to meet me at the kerb. I'm going to try to get them to put a transponder in the car if there isn't one there.
How do I find it?

After an online search I believe the circled object is the Homelink module. My car has nothing here.
TeslaHomeLink (2).JPG

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc