TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Homelink is here in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by paulp, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Spoke with service, it was an error.
    Also, the cars that don't have the hardware can't get the hardware.

• Like x 1
  2. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

So, who's for a petition to get it enabled in Australia?
    I suddenly want it badly!

3. Murbs

Murbs Member

It’s unfortunately just another example of loyal customers negligently being treated poorly.

4. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

More like a switch not set properly in software for our unique market.

5. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Still showing for me....

6. Murbs

Murbs Member

It’ll stay on your screen until the next software update or until you contact Tesla and raise a support ticket. A support engineer will then quietly remove the icon shortly after your phone call.

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Sigh, I was so excited. I’d really love to be able to automate my garage door.

8. conman

conman Active Member

Rumour has it that cars post mid 2017 WILL be getting homelink support but they're still having issues with setting it up. Additionally, the cars that mistakenly show it when they don't have hardware support will stop showing it.

9. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I do distinctly remember seeing the cartoon on Tesla’s website showing a car pull up and gate/garage opening and then the car auto parking itself...summon and HomLink clearly advertised...and this is way back in 2015, my car is a late 2015 delivery....surely Tesla wouldn’t just forget about us when it was clearly shown to us as a coming option?

10. shanelord

shanelord Member

TOCA have been informed my Tesla corporate that it's being enabled for mid 2017+ build cars. Service haven't been informed yet.

• Like x 1
  11. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

The tesla reps told me the car would open the garage door, drive out onto the driveway and wait for me every morning.
    Summon turned out to be a disappointment and the garage door remains resolutely closed...
    I’d be up for a group action (not a legal action - don’t want lawyers involved)

• Like x 1
  12. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I’d be happy to join such an action (again, not legal).
    I can’t imagine any reason Australia doesn’t have homelink support other than our small market being a low priority.

13. paulp

paulp Active Member

I have all that in writing, however when I purchased my car I knew that the sales team were very green, and that they had been promised things will arrive ‘soon’, and indeed they really didnt know the functionality of those things. Although any action would be a slam dunk easy win, there are far too many amazing things about the car that I didn’t buy that I now have, and I certainly wasn’t expecting the incredible quality of the service team. So I’m saying on average they have delivered way more than expected in Adelaide, so no action required.

14. paulp

paulp Active Member

They need regulatory approval for the radio frequency. So that means government negotiation.....and we keep changing PM.

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. paulp

paulp Active Member

Thursday night I had homelink, it disappeared 10 minutes later. Today its back again but doesn’t work. Hence something is brewing.
    Won’t matter a whole lot though as I get a shiny new model s this week, so definately post 2017.

• Like x 1
  16. Jays200

Jays200 Member

• Informative x 3
  17. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

@paulp i agree Tesla team are an amazing bunch I believe Luke in Richmond is the single best technician I’ve ever come across...I’d not want action, just apeal via our respective centers....

All okay for you! You are getting a new one ;)

18. PJF000

PJF000 Member

Agree 100%

This and many other forums are full of "disgruntled" Tesla owners (or haters) that will never be satisfied with anything they have in life.

It is a free world and they have choices, “When your life or aspects of it are not your problem–then you have a problem.” WARWICK DAVEY

19. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Ok. I can’t talk for recent cars, but I can say definitively that 2014 cars do not have the homelink module fitted. It mounts to the front of aluminium castings which is just behind the plastic bumper bar. I have seen the mounting point, and the related loom connector which is adjacent sitting in the breeze when I removed my plastic bumper bar. I also removed the bumper in another 2014 car which also did not have the module fitted. I too now have a homelink icon but without the module it cannot be programmed. At the time I made extensive enquiries including with the manufacturer and was told it was simply unavailable for Australia. Not sure why not.
    If newer cars indeed have the module fitted, then programming them should be the same as for USA cars.
    The frequency required is 433mHz which I THINK is available in Europe. The USA uses 318mHz, so there is no point importing one from the USA. Garage doors in Oz use 433 so the restriction is placed by homelink, not tesla. There is no other regulatory requirement in Australia. So forget about revolving door pm’s.

20. Mark E

Mark E Member

Since the wiring is already there maybe we should take a punt on these Tesla Model X S Home Link Garage Door Opener Module Computer OEM 1005371-00-b | eBay