Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink is here in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do distinctly remember seeing the cartoon on Tesla’s website showing a car pull up and gate/garage opening and then the car auto parking itself...summon and HomLink clearly advertised...and this is way back in 2015, my car is a late 2015 delivery....surely Tesla wouldn’t just forget about us when it was clearly shown to us as a coming option?

I do distinctly remember seeing the cartoon on Tesla’s website showing a car pull up and gate/garage opening and then the car auto parking itself...summon and HomLink clearly advertised...and this is way back in 2015, my car is a late 2015 delivery....surely Tesla wouldn’t just forget about us when it was clearly shown to us as a coming option?
The tesla reps told me the car would open the garage door, drive out onto the driveway and wait for me every morning.
Summon turned out to be a disappointment and the garage door remains resolutely closed...
I’d be up for a group action (not a legal action - don’t want lawyers involved)

Reactions: Shock-On-T
The tesla reps told me the car would open the garage door, drive out onto the driveway and wait for me every morning.
Summon turned out to be a disappointment and the garage door remains resolutely closed...
I’d be happy to join such an action (again, not legal).
I can’t imagine any reason Australia doesn’t have homelink support other than our small market being a low priority.

I have all that in writing, however when I purchased my car I knew that the sales team were very green, and that they had been promised things will arrive ‘soon’, and indeed they really didnt know the functionality of those things. Although any action would be a slam dunk easy win, there are far too many amazing things about the car that I didn’t buy that I now have, and I certainly wasn’t expecting the incredible quality of the service team. So I’m saying on average they have delivered way more than expected in Adelaide, so no action required.

I have all that in writing, however when I purchased my car I knew that the sales team were very green, and that they had been promised things will arrive ‘soon’, and indeed they really didnt know the functionality of those things. Although any action would be a slam dunk easy win, there are far too many amazing things about the car that I didn’t buy that I now have, and I certainly wasn’t expecting the incredible quality of the service team. So I’m saying on average they have delivered way more than expected in Adelaide, so no action required.

Agree 100%

This and many other forums are full of "disgruntled" Tesla owners (or haters) that will never be satisfied with anything they have in life.

It is a free world and they have choices, “When your life or aspects of it are not your problem–then you have a problem.” WARWICK DAVEY

Ok. I can’t talk for recent cars, but I can say definitively that 2014 cars do not have the homelink module fitted. It mounts to the front of aluminium castings which is just behind the plastic bumper bar. I have seen the mounting point, and the related loom connector which is adjacent sitting in the breeze when I removed my plastic bumper bar. I also removed the bumper in another 2014 car which also did not have the module fitted. I too now have a homelink icon but without the module it cannot be programmed. At the time I made extensive enquiries including with the manufacturer and was told it was simply unavailable for Australia. Not sure why not.
If newer cars indeed have the module fitted, then programming them should be the same as for USA cars.
The frequency required is 433mHz which I THINK is available in Europe. The USA uses 318mHz, so there is no point importing one from the USA. Garage doors in Oz use 433 so the restriction is placed by homelink, not tesla. There is no other regulatory requirement in Australia. So forget about revolving door pm’s.

Ok. I can’t talk for recent cars, but I can say definitively that 2014 cars do not have the homelink module fitted. It mounts to the front of aluminium castings which is just behind the plastic bumper bar. I have seen the mounting point, and the related loom connector which is adjacent sitting in the breeze when I removed my plastic bumper bar. I also removed the bumper in another 2014 car which also did not have the module fitted. I too now have a homelink icon but without the module it cannot be programmed. At the time I made extensive enquiries including with the manufacturer and was told it was simply unavailable for Australia. Not sure why .

Since the wiring is already there maybe we should take a punt on these Tesla Model X S Home Link Garage Door Opener Module Computer OEM 1005371-00-b | eBay