Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink is so broken on 2019.16.3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
16.2 works for a day or 2 then back to not working. Shutdown in software does not fix this. Only a 2 thumb salute.

Same issue.

A slightly quicker work around. Begin the creation of another named homelink device. When you get to the point where it asks you to pair the new device click cancel.

It will start working again. However, you will now have to delete the device you just named showing up in the list of devices. Just select delete.

Bonus, but not 100% certain bit here - I seem to recall being in a hurry the last time I needed to close the garage door that I didn't bother to delete the temporary homelink device. When the thing stopped working again I went to create a new temporary device I saw the one from the last time I did this. Instead of creating a new device I deleted the last temporary device. If my memory is correct that also started homelink working again! So you may be able to save yourself some time if you don't delete the temporary device and reserve its deletion until the thing stops working again.

Drives me insane. Every other day it seems the button no longer does anything and I have to reboot the MCU to make it work.

Is Tesla aware of this?
I'm on the latest I think (2019.20.4.4). Homelink worked PEFECT up until the last couple of updates, both within the last 2 weeks or so. Pretty annoying. It will start to trigger the garage door then quit. :-/