TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Homelink issue

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Dfeig, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Dfeig

Dfeig New Member

Homelink sends signal to open/close door and door starts to respond but then door stops as if it receives a second signal. Seems like it might have something to do with how fast I am going. Particularly a problem as I leave the house since I now must stop after signal is sent to make sure door continues to close.

2. BrettS

BrettS Member

Do you have homelink set to automatically close the door? I’m wondering if you close it manually, then as you drive away it does send a second signal as it tries to auto close it.

3. msnow

msnow Active Member

Yes, known issue. In the time I've owned my car I've reset the location or reprogrammed Homelink about a dozen times.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I always wait for my door to close. I have had times when it reversed for whatever issue (not the Tesla) and then have left my house totally exposed. I hate waiting, but it really is only 10 seconds. First world problem!! I have only had the "double click" problem once in 3 years. I would wipe and reprogram. It's quick and easy.

5. Whyrad

Whyrad Member

I can't get my homelink to close the garage automatically once I get into the garage.

6. msnow

msnow Active Member

It's not supposed to, it doesn't work that way.

7. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Since 8.0 ... it's really gotten sporadic

8. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

My Homelink doesn't want to auto-close about 30-40% of the time I leave the garage. Can't seem to figure out what (if anything) I am doing differently each time? Then a few of the times it "bings" for auto-closing... the signal doesn't take and the garage door is left open. Certainly not perfect but I love it when it works!

• Like x 1
  9. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Similar experience. Although have never had "double click" problem in 3 years.

I really wish we had the ability to trigger an event on our phones when we leave or come home. Ideally, for example, send a signal to my iPhone to "Close left garage" or other automation sequence when leaving. Homelink was great in it's day, but we need to really be able to use Open and Close commands like I have with my MyQ compatible opener.

10. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Have had three Homelink not responding scenarios with software update 17.24. Press button, nothing.

11. Fattchris

Fattchris Member

Mine will randomly fire off like 20 feet too soon when coming home and I'll be too far away for my garage door opener to catch the signal.

But only sometimes...

12. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

17.26.76 - still issues with homelink not firing when pulling away, as well as not firing when arriving (but requiring a dozen presses to open when arriving).

13. Ryan Webb

Ryan Webb Member

Same problem here...works great occasionally, but more often than not anymore I'm pressing the button many, many times before it will either open or close.

14. dakine1

dakine1 Member

same here