Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Homelink sends signal to open/close door and door starts to respond but then door stops as if it receives a second signal. Seems like it might have something to do with how fast I am going. Particularly a problem as I leave the house since I now must stop after signal is sent to make sure door continues to close.

Homelink sends signal to open/close door and door starts to respond but then door stops as if it receives a second signal. Seems like it might have something to do with how fast I am going. Particularly a problem as I leave the house since I now must stop after signal is sent to make sure door continues to close.
Yes, known issue. In the time I've owned my car I've reset the location or reprogrammed Homelink about a dozen times.

I always wait for my door to close. I have had times when it reversed for whatever issue (not the Tesla) and then have left my house totally exposed. I hate waiting, but it really is only 10 seconds. First world problem!! I have only had the "double click" problem once in 3 years. I would wipe and reprogram. It's quick and easy.

My Homelink doesn't want to auto-close about 30-40% of the time I leave the garage. Can't seem to figure out what (if anything) I am doing differently each time? Then a few of the times it "bings" for auto-closing... the signal doesn't take and the garage door is left open. Certainly not perfect but I love it when it works!

Reactions: skialpine
I always wait for my door to close. I have had times when it reversed for whatever issue (not the Tesla) and then have left my house totally exposed. I hate waiting, but it really is only 10 seconds. First world problem!! I have only had the "double click" problem once in 3 years. I would wipe and reprogram. It's quick and easy.
Similar experience. Although have never had "double click" problem in 3 years.

I really wish we had the ability to trigger an event on our phones when we leave or come home. Ideally, for example, send a signal to my iPhone to "Close left garage" or other automation sequence when leaving. Homelink was great in it's day, but we need to really be able to use Open and Close commands like I have with my MyQ compatible opener.

Have had three Homelink not responding scenarios with software update 17.24. Press button, nothing.