Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Issues since V10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jedi2155

Model 3 has Arrived.
Jul 6, 2018
Upland, CA
My homelink seems to be super buggy as of late where my garage door doesn't always open now when I pull up (it use to be 99% successful) and even sitting in front of the garage door, I have to press the homelink button maybe 3-5 times before it activates correctly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

On V10, I do have a homelink door setup in the car, but my tesla app doesn’t see it. I logged out and re logged into the app just to be sure. and I get the following message: Homelink - There are no homelink garage doors near your vehicle.

Reactions: Autumn
My homelink seems to be super buggy as of late where my garage door doesn't always open now when I pull up (it use to be 99% successful) and even sitting in front of the garage door, I have to press the homelink button maybe 3-5 times before it activates correctly.

I don’t have auto open as I do it manually so no input there.

Next step in troubleshooting process is to buy a new house and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Apparently you don’t get the Homelink button in the Tesla app under controls if you don’t have FSD option.
Although the release notes do not mention FSD as being a prerequisite.

Is that true? I have EAP. And I do see the homelink in the app under controls. But when I press it. It says “Homelink - There are no homelink-enabled garage doors near your vehicle.”

I’ve tried it at 2 different locations where I do have home link enabled devices near by. But it won’t open the garage door.

Is that true? I have EAP. And I do see the homelink in the app under controls. But when I press it. It says “Homelink - There are no homelink-enabled garage doors near your vehicle.”

I’ve tried it at 2 different locations where I do have home link enabled devices near by. But it won’t open the garage door.

Got it to work! You have to enable homelink under the summon menu in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155

Mine is very buggy as well as you describe. I’ve submitted multiple bug reports (each time it happens).

Auto-close on pulling out never worked for me (rear of car pointing toward garage door)... (auto open works reliably ~100% of the time- front of car pointing toward garage door)

Prior to V10 closing it manually (rear toward garage) if I hit it at just the right time (basically right as I felt the rear wheels come over the lip exiting garage) it worked 95% of the time.... Since V10 that's more like maybe 50% of the time. Opening (or closing) when front of car is pointing at garage still works ~100% of the time.

Mine has improved with v10. I had to toggle the distance a bit. It always opened upon approaching. The close after back out used to be random. I have it set at 30’. Our driveway does a “J” into the garage. It opens spot on and closes after about 10’ reliably now.