Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink module: garage door closed on the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
garage doors have 2 object detections, the beam and pressure!
THIS ^^^^
To make it really clear, when my garage door is closing I can stick my hand underneath it, unsupported, and succeed in making it reverse back with unsupported arm strength alone -- and not a lot of it. If your door ignores pressure resistance enough to do this much damage it could kill a pet, a child, or a senior.

THIS ^^^^
To make it really clear, when my garage door is closing I can stick my hand underneath it, unsupported, and succeed in making it reverse back with unsupported arm strength alone -- and not a lot of it. If your door ignores pressure resistance enough to do this much damage it could kill a pet, a child, or a senior.
Does this pressure sensor come with the newer model garage door openers? Is the pressure sensor built into the main "box"?

Does this pressure sensor come with the newer model garage door openers? Is the pressure sensor built into the main "box"?
My 35-year-old garage door openers both have pressure sensing reverse mechanisms…not at all a new thing. And yes, built into the main box. I’ve also installed a second set of light sensors at the car’s bumper height…no way the door can come down on the car now. The extra set was $35 and about 20 minutes of install work for me.

• Informative
Reactions: nate704
I too had an issue but mine was caused by a seat belt pop-up message that I tried to swipe away and in the process accidentally touched the CLOSE area on the screen under the pop-up message. Yes, I should have ignored the seat belt message while I was backing out of the garage so that's on me, but it happened.

When I bought our 2022 Y I haven't opted to buy the GPS Homelink and am using the old-school door opener.