Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink not working in morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So I successfully setup both of our garage doors with homelink on my model 3 on Saturday. They both worked to open and close. I set it up to auto open the 2 car garage when I get close and that works everyday. However, for the past two days in the morning when I leave for work, the homelink won't close the garage or open the other one. The button is lit green and it automatically is dropped down but when I press either, it doesn't show the green lines showing it is transmitting. Am I doing something wrong? Like I said it worked as it should the first two days.

Also on a side note, do I have to find a learn button for our neighborhood gate to get that programmed?

So, every once in a while when this happens I push the homelink options to program the already programmed location and it opens the garage door while preparing to program. I always cancel at that point and drive in. Anyone willing to try that next time it doesn't work?

So I successfully setup both of our garage doors with homelink on my model 3 on Saturday. They both worked to open and close. I set it up to auto open the 2 car garage when I get close and that works everyday. However, for the past two days in the morning when I leave for work, the homelink won't close the garage or open the other one. The button is lit green and it automatically is dropped down but when I press either, it doesn't show the green lines showing it is transmitting. Am I doing something wrong? Like I said it worked as it should the first two days.

Also on a side note, do I have to find a learn button for our neighborhood gate to get that programmed?
I can’t speak to the garage doors, mine works fine, but the gate bit is “No”. I pointed my remote at eye level to the bumper and it programmed. It will not auto open though.

I am having the same issue. It’s really annoying. Sometimes it shows it transmitting, sometimes it doesn’t transmit no matter what I do.

I've found that if I try to toggle the door while the car is in reverse it won't work, and whats worse, it will not work then if I shift into park or drive and try again.

I now always just wait to finish my reveres maneuver, and once in drive, trigger it. Haven't had a problem since.

I've found that if I try to toggle the door while the car is in reverse it won't work, and whats worse, it will not work then if I shift into park or drive and try again.

I now always just wait to finish my reveres maneuver, and once in drive, trigger it. Haven't had a problem since.

Confused on how you are getting it to work. Do you mean don’t touch it till you hit drive, then hit the button.

Ughh my homelink suddenly stopped working as well. Was working great for almost 2 wks (got my car 7/7) and the initial set up was a breeze. Now I’m noticing I can’t transmit a signal (no green bars) even though it knows I’m at home since the icon turns green. Even when I hit the button to “manually” transmit, I get nothing. I tried to reset everything by re-programming and now the car won’t recognize my clicker at initial set-up... something that only took seconds to do the first time. I suspect it’s a hardware issue. :( Hopefully the Tesla rangers can fix it.

Hi guys,

By any chance are any of you using LED bulbs in your garage openers? I swapped out incandescent bulbs for LED ones and then my Homelink stopped working reliably when the bulbs were on.

Amazon has specialized LED bulbs that are "interference fee" . Or you can go back to incandescent bulbs if you still have any

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHHVZTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5bvuBbWZD7J3Y

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This solved my problems. I never had any issue with using the homelink in my Mustang with my garage door opener but for whatever reason my Model 3 was much more finicky. I went to Lowe’s and picked up two of the Genie LED bulbs for garage door openers and all of my problems are now gone! The Model 3 is able to open and close the garage door on the first try without issue. My range also seems to have doubled!

I had the same issue but I rebooted the screen and the problem has been solved now.

@BJD3388 Interesting thought about the LEDs. I have LEDs in both garages I park my 3 in, but I also have issues with a community gate where there are no lights nearby. Leads me to believe it’s Homelink in the 3 and not limited to LEDs, though I’m sure this can solve some one-off cases. Never crossed my mind though!