Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink not working with my gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have an Apollo Gate opener which uses a basic clicker fob thing. The homelink that is in my old 2012 Nissan SUV works fine to open the gate. When I program the homelink in my Tesla, it seems to take programming ok (lights blink etc), but it will not open gate. Any ideas? Also, I am a new member and apologize if this has been discussed in another thread, but I could not find this particular issue.

Use these instructions: Model 3 Automatic Garage Opener - HomeLink

After using the remote, you may have to go to the actual garage door opener unit (the one on the ceiling) and click the LEARN button on it within a few seconds after programming the Model 3, and then press the HomeLink button again on the model 3 one/two more times so the garage door opener "LEARNs" the Model 3 opener.

My opener is old and that had to be done.

Also I suggest that you do the programming with the car in the garage. The Model 3 is using GPS location for where it thinks home is. The tech had done it with the car outside and the car thought this was it's parking location so the garage door would open/close when I was too far from home. This was a pain especially when driving away, because I had not way to knowing it actually shut. and a pain when coming home as I did not want to shut the door (instead of opening) if kids were playing in driveway. Now it happens just as I leave/enter driveway, which I think is way safer in all scenarios.

After using the remote, you may have to go to the actual garage door opener unit (the one on the ceiling) and click the LEARN button on it within a few seconds after programming the Model 3, and then press the HomeLink button again on the model 3 one/two more times so the garage door opener "LEARNs" the Model 3 opener.

Also I suggest that you do the programming with the car in the garage. The Model 3 is using GPS location for where it thinks home is. The tech had done it with the car outside and the car thought this was it's parking location so the garage door would open/close when I was too far from home. This was a pain especially when driving away, because I had not way to knowing it actually shut. and a pain when coming home as I did not want to shut the door (instead of opening) if kids were playing in driveway. Now it happens just as I leave/enter driveway, which I think is way safer in all scenarios.
The problem is not with the garage door openers. The issue is with my Automatic Gate at the front of my property. That is what I cannot get to work.

The problem is not with the garage door openers. The issue is with my Automatic Gate at the front of my property. That is what I cannot get to work.

I am having the same problem with a new 2022 Model 3. I have a gate in front of my property and a separate garage. The garage (with rolling code) programs well. The gate (Door King 9050) is not opening. Inside the car is shows it's sending the signal, but the gate doesn't activate. Before I try to reprogram it, does anyone have any ideas regarding the how to pair the gat to the model 3?