Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Now An Extra Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incredibly, Tesla no longer includes Homelink in the Model 3 even if you get the premium package. I ordered a TM3 LR AWD on June 9th and picked it up yesterday. No Homelink button. After chatting with Tesla online I was informed that after May 30th, Homelink was no longer included in the premium package. So it's another $300 to buy the Homelink hardware and have your Svc Ctr install it. Even the Ford C-Max I traded in had that capability as part of a premium package. It seems more and more options and amenities are being deleted. Mr. Musk is starting to look more and more like Mr. Frank Shirley of Christmas Vacation fame. Really? A premium vehicle like the Tesla Model 3 LR AWD doesn't come with a garage door opener capability? Sad statement.

Really? A premium vehicle like the Tesla Model 3 LR AWD doesn't come with a garage door opener capability? Sad statement.
I still laugh when I hear a luxury car without a garage door opener in 2019...That's just silly.
There are several other premium car models that do not include it as standard. Why not go complain to them about that, or complain that they don't have navigation which Tesla offers even on the base model?

Reactions: liuping
Homelink in Tesla is great and worth it if you must pay. I doubt any of those other cars mentioned open the door automatically when you get within 100’ of gps range. Tesla clearly needs more money and decided to make it optional, where other companies bake the price in to their premium package.

Model 3 isn't a luxury car anymore.

The 3 is the new Prius (and I've noticed many 3 owners drive it like Prius... sloooow). That said, Toyota doesn't include Homelink in their "Premium" package, however it is included in their "Advanced" package.

Maybe Tesla needs to add another package level, let's call it "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" to include Homelink, an Ashtray, exclusive Fart effects an 'extra track and a tacky badge'. +$2000

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I think I might have been lied to by the local Sales Rep, as I asked specifically about this. He told me it is now optional, except in the premium white/black interior that I paid $1000 more for... What is gone in all cars is the $14 cell phone charging cable set... Really?!

• Funny
Reactions: 3Sweet