Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Now Available for SR/SR+ as After Purchase Accessory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that the Homelink Automatic Garage Door Opener is now available on Tesla’s accessory site as an after purchase retrofit for SR and SR+! It’s $300 which includes installation at the service center. A bit pricy for a garage door opener but I’ll likely do it.

They also now sell carpeted floor mats and a carpeted frunk mat.

Glad to see these being offered. Would be great to add options to SR+ down the road as needed/wanted.

Yup, just got my floor mats delivered yesterday! Glad we can order this stuff after delivery and a good way for Tesla to make some extra revenue post-purchase. Win-win.

I think it is. Tesla can open and close when leaving automatically. Summon would open and close automatically as well. They integrate the system into the software and can be all setup on per user preference etc. future wise it might have even more stuff.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I think it is. Tesla can open and close when leaving automatically. Summon would open and close automatically as well. They integrate the system into the software and can be all setup on per user preference etc. future wise it might have even more stuff.
what if my wife was planning to leave the garage in her car also?
the garage closes as I leave 1 min before her and she will have to open it again....

Automatic Garage Opener

Yeesh, $300?? Glad my Model 3 came with this already but if it didn't I would have just dealt with having a regular garage door opener remote clipped to my visor. I don't think this capability is worth $300, at least not to me.

Not having something that needs its own batteries stuck to my visor or rattling around in the side pocket is worth at least that much to me. Having something that automatically opens and closes my garage door for me as I approach or leave my home is worth much more.

My wife is about to get a new Countryman and it was specifically ordered with the upgraded mirror that includes a digital compass and the Homelink transmitter. That was a $250 option and does not include the ability to automatically open/close the garage door for you based on your GPS coordinates and geofence data.

I ordered mine on April 10th and I’ve heard nothing since. I need to call the service center and see if they have any updates.

Mine arrived in a weeks time, I called customer support as I changed the SC to Kearny Mesa instead if Miramar. Homelink Module was already there at Miramar location. but Kearny Mesa appointment was way sooner then Miramar and that’s why I had to change locations. Module installed in Kearny Mesa and a week later Miramar called me, had to tell them it was already installed, have a nice day.

Fred

2CD3DDF1-BC93-4A51-AD63-9E8F1979BEF4.jpeg