Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink now working for Gate, Garage and House Alarm from car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did that worked out of the box or you have to rely on any third party device? Can you please share the brand of your gate, garage and security system which worked with Homelink?

I bought 2x of these:

Remote Pro Tesla compatible HomeLink Receivers (runs from 12/24 volt):

I also bought their recommended FOB for pairing up the whole system.

Garage

Front Gate
Sorry, can't remember the brand, it's a swing type and one of the more expensive "types of units"....can handle much heavier gates and requires a fair bit more space....I don't think that matters as all the gate openers have the ability to accept a short "short" that activates an open/close event

Alarm System
NESS with 16 channels...all channels taken up however if one wires up to Channel 8 then it will accept a short from the channel on the RemotePro unit and turn on/off the alarm system with a loud chirp and strobe event occurring on the outside of the house (for audio/visual confirmation the alarm has been armed/disarmed)....indtaller said it would work with many house alarm systems on the market.

How it's plugged in
I have the RemotePro running off of the garage openers 24volt output and it is wires up the both the garage on Channel 1 and on Channel 2 I have a wire run to the NESS Alarm unit.

In terms of the front gate the gate opener has a 12-volt output so this runs the RemotePro using just Channel 1 (it fits inside the gate opener housing, so it's out of the weather).

In the car I paired up all one by one from my wife's Model X, the second time through I only needed to do 50% of the setup process in my 3 as the RemotePro side of things are already one...so no need to keep the RemotePro boxes open to press the train/sync button on 2nd+ cars.

In the end I have ended up with Gate, Garage and Alarm buttons....first world life changing outcomes I know…

I no longer need keys to enter/exit the house or arm/disarm the house, drive the Model 3 (will need to upgrade wife's X I guess, to get away from FOB requirement) or open close gates/garage....

If you're in Melbourne the chaps I used to do the whole lot would be happy to help anyone else out...I use them on all my projects and they're extremely fast and not rip off merchants.