TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Homelink on the Roadster

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by simonog, Apr 25, 2015.

1. simonog

simonog Member

I have been seeing some strange behaviour of Homelink on my newly acquired Roadster (2.5).

Can anyone tell me whether the car can support rolling code fobs or just static?

2. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I have a Liftmaster 3800 that I believe uses rolling codes. Homelink in every car I've owned has been flaky with it. Most of the time a quick press of the button will open the door, and then others I'll have to hold the button for 10sec or so before the opener does its thing.

3. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

My 1.5 definitely supports rolling codes.

4. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Homelink supports both fixed and rolling codes, depending on what your garage door wants. When you are "training" it, using the existing opener lets it learn a fixed code. If it can't learn a fixed code, instead you press the training button on the door controller, and it instead learns the car's rolling code. It requires a few consecutive transmissions to do that. Then in future, if the car transmits a code from "the future", it will again require a few consecutive codes to resync. If you press the homelink button while still out of range, you might cause this behavior yourself.

5. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

Mine too. Brand new LiftMaster from 2 years ago.

6. rdstr

rdstr Member

I was surprised my 10 year old Blue Max opener did not sync with the car... it has a fixed code. However, my newer LiftMaster with a rolling code synced up in 10 seconds with the training mode button depressed.

7. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

If it's a new Homelink opener, you should read this.

8. m0rph

m0rph Member

I bought this universal receiver from Homelink (PR433-4), thinking I could program the car with that. But it looks like both the car and the receiver want to "learn" the transmitter code. :cursing:
    I'm willing to buy a standard Homelink remote if needed, but I'm sure that one also wants to learn a code first. What device initially creates the code? Can someone solve this chicken or egg dilemma for me?

9. ibcs

ibcs Member

I just got a new liftmaster myself and to work with the roadster it requires the home link repeater. It plugs into an outlet and Yukon use the home link remote to program the roadster. Works perfect after that was installed too.