TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Homelink opens garage when I arrive, does not close when I leave

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Beta V, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Beta V

Beta V Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic

i've reset it completely, rebooted and reset the location. I'm out of ideas.
    Tips?

2. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Active Member

Mine works when I leave about 80% of the time. If you touch the screen prior to or while exiting the garage, it won't work. For example, if you dismiss a calendar alert it won't work, at least for me.

• Like x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

We’ve had several of these threads and I had this exact behavior. Mine never closed until I did this. Sounds magical and superstitious but it did work. I made a new profile to test out mirror autofold behavior and all of a sudden the autoclose prompt came up as I was backing out the next day.

Deleted the new profile and it still works to this day.

I wasn’t using the new profile, reboots didn’t fix it, reprograms didn’t do it, etc. There are several long threads on Homelink woes around, and the ‘works only one way’ is the weirdest case.

Good luck!

4. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Yes, ours does the same thing. I changed the programming to never close on leaving and we've just gotten used to doing it manually. It always works on arriving.

5. DarrenK

DarrenK Member

I may be mis-remembering, but isn't there a checkbox for this on the setup screen when you set up homelink? Did you double check to make sure it is checked?

6. Beta V

There is, it's checked. No difference.

7. Beta V

I have another theory. It does not work if my wife gets into the car first. She has her own key but not her own profile. I've never set one up for her because I don't want the car to lock on her profile and set the seats for her (she's 5'2" and I'm a foot taller). If I get in the car myself, and she has not been in the garage before me (to trigger keyfob authentication), it seems to work consistently. The system still needs to be smarter.