Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink & our Neighborhood Gate: Exit Probs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a remote gate that allows access to our neighborhood. Typical gated community.

Upon arrival, everything with homelink works perfectly.

When I exit my neighborhood, the homelink thinks I’m approaching the GPS location for ENTRY and triggers it, causing the inbound lane gate to swing open. I end up hitting “skip” every day on exit to keep the inbound gate from opening and letting riff-raff into the neighborhood.

How can I correct this? I have the settings in the homelink set to NOT trigger on exit, but the car doesn’t seem to know we’re “exiting” and it triggers off the inbound GPS location.

Thanks!

I’m in a same situation. Riff raffs will get in no matter what. GPS Directional logic will have to be programmed in for it to work. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have that yet. Next software update...like in 2029?

Come on Elon. We need to keep our neighborhood safe from those crazy religious riffraffs with magazines.

I too have the exact same issue ... They sent a tech to replace the homelink module which I knew would be a waste of time .. and it was.

The tech claims he'd notify engineering ... hurry up and wait.

This is another bug as of 8.1 .... thats just not high on the priority list.

I had the exact same problem as OP. It drove me crazy. Every time I drove through the exit gate, the adjacent entry gate would open. I was able to fix it by deleting the settings for the front gate and setting them up again from scratch. When I set them up again, I parked the car in front of the entry gate, but as far away from the exit gate as possible. Using my clicker, I reprogrammed the settings for the entry gate, set the activation distance to 20 feet and chose the option to ignore on exit. Now when I pass through the exit gate (which opens automatically in our complex), the entry gate stays put. I'm on firmware 2017 50.3 and drive a Model S75.

I had the exact same problem as OP. It drove me crazy. Every time I drove through the exit gate, the adjacent entry gate would open. I was able to fix it by deleting the settings for the front gate and setting them up again from scratch. When I set them up again, I parked the car in front of the entry gate, but as far away from the exit gate as possible. Using my clicker, I reprogrammed the settings for the entry gate, set the activation distance to 20 feet and chose the option to ignore on exit. Now when I pass through the exit gate (which opens automatically in our complex), the entry gate stays put. I'm on firmware 2017 50.3 and drive a Model S75.

That's what I did also, though with 10 ft distance I think. Works well for me.

Maybe you have to set the location again to get the exit option to work if you set the location prior to the distance/exit update.