Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink price increase; Tesla USB drive price increase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
The price of the Tesla Automatic Garage Door Opener, i.e. Homelink, for the Tesla Model Y is now $325 US (was $300). Price includes installation.

The price of the Tesla 128GB USB drive is now $45 US (was $35). Chip prices are rising; this Sandisk USB reader + High Endurance 128GB microSD card combo is now $43 (was $35): https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Endurance-microSDXC-Adapter-Monitoring/dp/B084J46RH4/
Just saw that the Sandisk USB reader + High Endurance 256GB microSD card combo is now just $51 (down from $73). The 256GB microSD card is now a better value.

Clearly Tesla isn't worry about selling these. Since price include installation (often mobile), I don't think it's a cash cow for them. Mine was installed 2 weeks ago and it's working great.
Yeah, mine came with my Model 3 when I bought it used. Not sure if it's worth $300 but I love that it came with the car. Interesting that it was even on their minds to change the pricing.

I ordered a USB without knowing that there was one in my car. Had the car for a month and I don't know why I thought the provided USB would be minimal GBs.

This is what happens when I just care about what the screen can do, and not all the compartments.

Just confirming (non-owner here) the same usb stick stores both driving incidents (those captured with the horn honk for example) and also Sentry mode events? How many events can be stored on the included 128gb stick?
Yes, Tesla Dashcam and Sentry mode both use the same USB memory storage device inserted into the USB-A port (currently located inside the glove box.) Dashcam stores 1 hour of 10 minute video clips before overwriting the data. Dashcam events (either triggered by tapping the screen or honking the horn or if the Tesla detects a collision) automatically save the current Dashcam video buffer to the /TeslaCam folder where they remain until you either delete the file or format the memory storage device. Sentry Mode events are automatically saved to the USB memory storage device in a sub folder within the /DashCam folder until you view and/or delete them. A 128GB memory storage device will hold approximately 17 hours of Tesla video.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCJeff
Just noticed that Homelink is now $350 (that’s a $50 increase in just over a year for the same dated tech). I just asked my SC a week or so ago if I should buy now or wait until I take delivery. He said wait until after delivery. Thanks Mike - just cost me another $25. Every time I turn around, the price of something else has gone up. Ridiculous.