Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cant seem to get my car to be in "step one" of the homelink programming steps from the user manual:

Even if I delete all the locations - when I go to enter a new one I am always presented the "learn" step and not the programming step. Any help here?

Troubleshooting HomeLink

When programming a HomeLink device, the touchscreen steps you through a two-part programming process:
• First, Model S records the signal from the remote. The touchscreen instructs you to stand in front of the car, point the remote at the front bumper and press and hold the button until the headlights flash. When headlights flash, Model S has learned the remote and you can touch Continue on the touchscreen . If the headlights do not flash, refer to the guidelines below.
• Next, the device's receiver learns Model S. The touchscreen instructs you to press the LEARN button on the garage door or gate's receiver. If training the receiver does not work, refer to the guidelines below. NOTE: Only devices that are equipped with a “rolling code” remote need to learn Model S. If you have a very old device that is not equipped with a rolling code remote, the device does not need to learn Model S and you can skip this part. You can also skip this step if your receiver is Quick-Train com

2016 Refresh 90D, by the way..

FWIW my homelink module had to be replaced because the receiver stopped picking up the signal from the garage door opener. If you are sure your receiver is detecting the signal, then it's a software problem. If rebooting both screens doesn't help, you will have to contact the service center.