TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Homelink problem

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Merrill, May 5, 2013.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Sonoma, California
    I do not know if this has been talked about before, but programmed the garage door no problem. I have an entry gate and I did what people talked about to try to program the gate. Put the car in front of the gate, opened the frunk and held down on the remote for the gate. I eventually get the headlights to flash but when I go to use the Homelink on the touch screen the gate opens about one foot and stops. I think the problem is that when I depress and hold the remote the gate opens and stops and opens and stops many times. If I just depress the remote as if I were opening the gate and let off the button, I does not seem to get the signal. If anyone has had a problem like this or can shed some light on the problem it would be appreciated. If not I will have to call Tesla.
  2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mar 8, 2012
    The one foot and stopping happens to me on occasion with the garage door. I've found that the cure is to drive to just the right spot, press the button and stay in that spot until the door has fully opened.