Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Did anyone manage to solve the problem where the car accepts the signal and the homelink button turns green however when you tap to open on the 17" nothing happens with the garage door?

My garage door is not rolling code, and my other car has no problem learning and opening the garage door.

Many thanks

Hello

Did anyone manage to solve the problem where the car accepts the signal and the homelink button turns green however when you tap to open on the 17" nothing happens with the garage door?

My garage door is not rolling code, and my other car has no problem learning and opening the garage door.

Many thanks

I thought my issue was fixed, but it has returned, as is now intermittant... it will work for days at a time, and then will not work for a day or two before going back to working. Rather frustrating. I've begun to rely on opening/closing my garage with my cell phone (IoT is wonderful, but if that wasn't an option, i'd start carrying the garage remote... too cold here to want to get out and use the pin pad, and I get tired of looking like a fool as I back up/drive forward/turn slightly trying to find an angle where it will work when its misbehaving).

I have 3 garage doors all with Liftmasters & rolling codes (new 5 years ago). One of our cars (Audi with Homelink) had some issues that were totally resolved by putting a range extender antenna (from Amazon) directly to the small antenna that extends from the opener. This resolved all issues of having to have the car in the exact spot needed to have the opener receive the signal.

I have 3 garage doors all with Liftmasters & rolling codes (new 5 years ago). One of our cars (Audi with Homelink) had some issues that were totally resolved by putting a range extender antenna (from Amazon) directly to the small antenna that extends from the opener. This resolved all issues of having to have the car in the exact spot needed to have the opener receive the signal.

The issue some of us have is that it is intermittent, works sometimes in 'any' location, and other times won't work in most locations. Do you think this would be the same issue? I guess I could see there being periodic radio wave interference from neighbours (which could account for the randomness of the issue)...

I think my issue was car related--the Audi A7 was not opening or closing the door as reliably or consistently based on location in the driveway as the others cars (all Homelink). My first course was to add the extra antenna & now it works great. It MAY be a similar issue--that of interference or strength of signal. I think the antenna was less than $30 so pretty cheap & no re-programming rolling codes, etc.

The issue some of us have is that it is intermittent, works sometimes in 'any' location, and other times won't work in most locations. Do you think this would be the same issue? I guess I could see there being periodic radio wave interference from neighbours (which could account for the randomness of the issue)...
I used to have a lot of problems with this. My diagnosis was that the beam dispersion from the car is quite narrow but also quite long range.

i can find the car will not open the gate/door when close unless pointed in the right direction exactly. 30 yards away (30 m for the modernists) it's 100%.