Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Solution for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who are struggling with their HomeLink setup, this is how I got mine working....

It seems, in Australia at least, that (even though HomeLink works with a large range of receivers) HomeLink only works with receivers that use the 433.9 Mhz frequency. My gate and garage were both on 315 Mhz and the Model S would not recognise either one.

I can confirm that the "Ditec" brand receiver works with the Model S. If your Gate or Garage is not made by Ditec (or not a compatible version), I have tested the following receiver, which you can buy locally and plug in - and it works :)

Ditec Receiver

You will also need a remote control (to initiate the sequence from the car) which is sold on the same website:

Ditec Compatible Remote

$60 for the receiver and $17 for the remote control.

I was able to wire the receiver into my existing garage controller (made by Gliderol which is not compatible). Most garage (and gate) controllers have an available 12V terminal which you can used to supply power to the plug-in Ditec receiver.

It works great - automatically comes up on the main display when I come home and within about 30m from my front gate, happy days!!!!
Thanks for posting these links. Got Homelink fitted to my wife's Model 3 today. Set up the Marantech straight off, but the 2 GDOs would not cooperate. I've followed your lead and ordered the Ditec Receiver and remote and will have another try when they arrive (in Canberra).

I got the Remote to connect once but never the door/ receiver so after Tesla service came out and said door wasn’t compatible so used “Remotepro” work around installed with assistance from Remotepro for wiring and working as expected

Thanks for replying, that's helpful. Mine is being fitted in two weeks. I'll see how I go before ordering as I'm not in a rush to get it working. I'm just keen to get the homelink in the car first :)

I have to say, after having used it now for over 8 months, I am not impressed with the reliability of Homelink. More often than not I have to press the Homelink "button" on the screen more than once for the garage or gate to open - anyone else getting this? It happens mainly when I am leaving the house as opposed to arriving back home. This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the initiation sequence of the car - ie. a race condition or similar in the software or the Homelink software getting lower priority while the car is still in the garage "powering up".

I read somewhere that the LED lights can interfere with signal - that would explain issues in the garage as opposed to outside when the lights are of.

I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with range, since I am right next to the receiver in the garage when it sometimes does not work, yet works fine from much further (on the road) outside the garage. Anyone else have similar issues?

For those who are struggling with their HomeLink setup, this is how I got mine working....

It seems, in Australia at least, that (even though HomeLink works with a large range of receivers) HomeLink only works with receivers that use the 433.9 Mhz frequency. My gate and garage were both on 315 Mhz and the Model S would not recognise either one.

I can confirm that the "Ditec" brand receiver works with the Model S. If your Gate or Garage is not made by Ditec (or not a compatible version), I have tested the following receiver, which you can buy locally and plug in - and it works :)

Ditec Receiver

You will also need a remote control (to initiate the sequence from the car) which is sold on the same website:

Ditec Compatible Remote

$60 for the receiver and $17 for the remote control.

I was able to wire the receiver into my existing garage controller (made by Gliderol which is not compatible). Most garage (and gate) controllers have an available 12V terminal which you can used to supply power to the plug-in Ditec receiver.

It works great - automatically comes up on the main display when I come home and within about 30m from my front gate, happy days!!!!
Hi Guys,

It's Michael from Remote Pro. We are happy to hear that our receiver works with Homelink.

Just a bit of further info on the product. It is two channel so you can essentially wire it up to two motors that are side by side instead of buying a separate receiver for each. The receiver is powered by 12-24V which 99% of garage/gate motors have a terminal that outputs this voltage. If not you will need to purchase a 12V 1.5A AC adapter form somewhere like Jaycar to power the receiver unit.

If your motor has screw or plug in terminals all you will need is some wire to wire this up. If the terminals on your motor are pins, it is best to ask us before you buy to see if we have a harness that will suit your motor to make it plug and play otherwise you will need to buy a plug to suit which you should be able to get from Jaycar also.

Receivers can be installed by an electrician or garage technician if you don't want to do it yourself. The receivers do not come with specific instructions on how to wire it to your motor but essentially the process is similar for all motors.

V+ (receiver) > usually called 12V, 24V V+ (motor)
GND (receiver) > usually called COM, Common, GND, 0V (motor)
CH1 - Left (receiver) > usually called WB, OSC (motor)
CH1 - Right (receiver) > usually called COM, Common, GND, 0V (motor)

Hi Michael this is my securalift Motor wiring block can you tell me the config to connect this to the Ditec receiver ? Dave

Attachments

• securealift_ero_Wiring.jpg
    securealift_ero_Wiring.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 326
Those of us who ordered a Model 3 early, have Tesla’s HomeLink hardware built in. While it wasn’t included when the car’s were first delivered, most of us have now had the product retrofitted by a Tesla service center.

Also discovered that the LiftAway LA-242 remote ($20 from Bunnings) works fine with both the Model 3 and the Ditec receiver (but not the GDO-11). So there's a second option if you don't like the Ditec remote for whatever reason (such as the weird ordering on the 1-2-3-4 button labels).

I discovered that the Liftaway LA242 from Bunnings is NOT compatible with the Tesla Model 3 Australian Homelink. I’ve tried everything to make the car “learn” the signal being transmitted by the LA242.

Theoretically it should work because the remote is 433.96 MHz but to no avail, for some strange reason it does not get recognised by Homelink. So I’ve returned the remote to try the Ditec version

I am also trying to get homelink to work
I have the ditech garage opener installed on the motor and it working fine
When I train the homelink by pressing the learn button the garage door just starts going up and down randomly 1/2 way then stopping and goes back up
It does this continuously

I need some help!

Hi, I brought a Ditec receiver to replaced my old receiver as advised. Used my old remote N1854 and RCG12C paired with the receiver. The remote works fine with the Ditec receiver. But my Model X still couldn't recognize the signal. Do I need a special remote to make it work? Please help.

Could someone please take a photo or reply here advising what the model number on the back of the rear view mirror is please? I know that it's a Gentex branded mirror, but I'm looking to confirm the model number and what version of homelink works with the ditech receiver for another car. I'm in Brisbane, I purchased a Gentex Genk41A4 rear view mirror along with the Ditech receiver and remote from Remote Pro. I can get the remote to open the garage however the remote will not pair with the mirror which uses homelink version 4. I'd be very greatfull for the model number info, thanks.

Just bought a brand new Ditec from Remotepro and installed it two days ago. Suddenly I'm back in the 1990's and the neighbours are opening and closing my garage door.

Significant word of warning here. I'll see if I can program Channel 2 and perhaps a different remote button but this is concerning.

Just bought a brand new Ditec from Remotepro and installed it two days ago. Suddenly I'm back in the 1990's and the neighbours are opening and closing my garage door.

Significant word of warning here. I'll see if I can program Channel 2 and perhaps a different remote button but this is concerning.

That is very concerning. I decided to go with the Merlin receiver rather than an unknown brand, I thought my concerns were likely unfounded but here we are.

Hi all, have got the HomeLink install and configuration down to a science now. Happy to assist those in the Brisbane area with supply and/or install. Shoot me a message.
I have the standard Model 3 but Tesla do not provide HomeLink (even though it is referred to in their manual) and they say, get one myself and they will install it. Not confident as I want to control my B&D garage door plus the front gate has meen modified by installing a receiver that talks to B&D. So now I have the normal red B&D remote Bunnings sell with two buttons for the front gate and the garage door which works but would be happier if it was automated so I don't need the large B&D remote. Can you steer me in the correct direction to achieve this? Peter