Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Stopped Working… argh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S. Worked great for years, now Homelink won’t operate my garage door. All our other cars and fobs still work fine — no change to Genie garage door opener or fobs.

Visited Tesla service center and they replaced the transmitter… tested OK in their shop.

To be clear: The car has no problem programming homelink. Headlights blink and it indicates successful programming. After programming, though, softkey won’t operate the garage.

I reprogrammed homelink many times in the past but can’t get it to work now. Any ideas?

Tesla mobile repair tech came (late) to the house and reprogrammed the car, deleted all the programmed remotes from the GeniePro and reprogrammed the car. The GeniePro blinks appropriately when reprogramming the car and also shows that it is receiving signals when the car tries to operate the door, but it does not trigger the motor to operate (although all other handheld remotes still work fine).

The tech suggested contacting Homelink directly, but couldn't give me the model/serial number of the module. Has anyone gotten any satisfaction from Homelink?

This is maddening. Any help or sympathy would be appreciated.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Out of extreme frustration, I reprogrammed the Model S with every remote I own, erasing all programmed remotes in the Genie opener between each attempt. The ninth and last remote worked. Evidently, the GeniePro-Tesla S-Remote combination is finicky.

The remote that worked is an Overhead Door branded CodeDodger remote.

IMG_6795.jpeg