Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink stopped working - is this widespread?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had poor homelink for weeks. Coincidentally, when OTA updates brought all the rest of you into our world, we had a mobile truck come out to take care of a seat problem (service bulitin - fold down seat MX fix) as well as mess with homelink. 40.1 seems to be better, but then after several runs it too flaked out. The tech was going to suggest replacing the X's transmitter, and was passing on our issue to the engineer. Tesla's right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing - the next day (Friday) they called and wanted to make sure all was ok. (rolling eyes) We explained 'no' - and then got another similar call later in the day from another tesla person. Finally, the tech called back and said, "another flash is on the way to fix this - it's a mass problem".

Ours is back to being flakey. :(

The problem was that even with 17.38 I had spots where I used it six or more times and it didn’t fail. It’s hard to prove it’s fixed until it lasts several days or more. As every firmware is a reboot, it always works after that. With the recent releases being pulled, those that didn’t get 41 or 42 will have to wait for the next one that should fix all the recent issues (we hope!).

Homelink stopped working after the last update, have to reboot after the car has been idle for a couple of hours for it to work. It will stop working if you park the car and have to reboot again to make it work. Back to using the old trusty remote control.

Homelink stopped working after the last update, have to reboot after the car has been idle for a couple of hours for it to work. It will stop working if you park the car and have to reboot again to make it work. Back to using the old trusty remote control.
I can confirm that 17.42 does fix the HomeLink issue, but rollout appears to have been halted for other issues. On the other hand, 17.42.1 has shown up on TeslaFi, so maybe that will be the main rollout....

Reactions: nanimac
I received the same HomeLink issue as everyone on this thread. I have a Chainlink system and somehow, Homelink deactivated our garage door openers after multiple attempts to Program from the Homelink icon. We replaced the batteries in the push buttons, but they don't still don't work. I've gone through the Chainlink troubleshooting to no avail. Once I receive the next Tesla update that fixes Homelink, I'll hope my garage system magically works.

Has anyone had this issue of their actual garage door openers not working?

I received the same HomeLink issue as everyone on this thread. I have a Chainlink system and somehow, Homelink deactivated our garage door openers after multiple attempts to Program from the Homelink icon. We replaced the batteries in the push buttons, but they don't still don't work. I've gone through the Chainlink troubleshooting to no avail. Once I receive the next Tesla update that fixes Homelink, I'll hope my garage system magically works.

Has anyone had this issue of their actual garage door openers not working?

I believe this happened due to a limit within your garage door for example in my garage door manual it says it can be programmed for up to 10 devices so for example if I program 12 devices the first 2 will stop working...