Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven really trouble shot it much, but this am when i click on the garage and tried to close it, i got no wifi looking image showing the signal being sent. it just kinda didnt do do anything nor did it close the door.

anyone have this issue? i assume to just delete and re add i guess?

Reactions: xanatos
I had this happen, too. Rebooted and working again. It seems that it was “stuck” behind the other screens. My morning calendar and backup camera popped up in front of the Homelink area of the screen. After the camera and calendar were closed it seemed like it was still not the focus app.
Bug.

I did a factory reset....NOT recommended. Homelink went from working great prior to 16. 2 to working about 50% of the time to not working at all after 16.2. ELDA and Homelink are broken in 16.2 We are all waiting impatiently for a firmware update that hopefully fixes these issues.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Although it's only happened once for me. Started after 2019.16.2 and rebooting cleared it.

I had just read that Tesla is making Homelink an installable option that must be purchased separately, and then it stopped working in my car. You can imagine I was ready to read Tesla the riot act.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
I did a factory reset....NOT recommended. Homelink went from working great prior to 16. 2 to working about 50% of the time to not working at all after 16.2. ELDA and Homelink are broken in 16.2 We are all waiting impatiently for a firmware update that hopefully fixes these issues.

I factory reset too on 16.2 last night and everything is running smooth as silk, took like 30 minutes, because I maintain notes of what I set everything to and some history of changing some things to see if it helps on things like phantom braking. Also at someone's suggestion I left my TeslaCam USB stick out as he suspects it could bog things down and cause trouble.

I think folks need to not confuse the automatic opening of the doors with homelink as you drive up vs hitting the transmit button [which is what the OP is complaining about here] (manual or automatic) and nothing happens. Two completely different issues.

By the sounds of you other posts on this, still not completely clear, it's the automatic open part that is not working well for you. Please clarify.
I also gave some suggestion to help on that because after factory reset the GPS is borked for a while and you DON'T want to setup HomeLink until GPS is solid again. Even if you don't use automatic door opening it politely drops the menu down when I approach my home. And that is working perfect too.

I've factory reset 3 times in 8 months and never had any issues and it didn't fix anything major but feels snappier, back up camera tends to come up instantly more often, sleeps a little better. But that could purely be placebo effect. I've also been lucky. Never a reboot (while driving or at wake up), never lost audio bass, never lost audio, and currently 1 second max delay on backup camera. But I know those are very random issues and my lack of them might be pure luck and nothing to do with a factory reset now and then.

It is tedious to factory reset. It's no big deal though.

But if for some reason you can't re-setup homelink I'd want to find out why. Maybe the car has an issue that needs to be addressed or perhaps the door opener needs a factory reset ;) I always like to know I can reset/reconfigure any time I need to. I kind of lost track all the changes I made and why I made them. Might be as simple as a low battery in your clicker. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I factory reset too on 16.2 last night and everything is running smooth as silk, took like 30 minutes, because I maintain notes of what I set everything to and some history of changing some things to see if it helps on things like phantom braking. Also at someone's suggestion I left my TeslaCam USB stick out as he suspects it could bog things down and cause trouble.

I think folks need to not confuse the automatic opening of the doors with homelink as you drive up vs hitting the transmit button [which is what the OP is complaining about here] (manual or automatic) and nothing happens. Two completely different issues.

By the sounds of you other posts on this, still not completely clear, it's the automatic open part that is not working well for you. Please clarify.
I also gave some suggestion to help on that because after factory reset the GPS is borked for a while and you DON'T want to setup HomeLink until GPS is solid again. Even if you don't use automatic door opening it politely drops the menu down when I approach my home. And that is working perfect too.

I've factory reset 3 times in 8 months and never had any issues and it didn't fix anything major but feels snappier, back up camera tends to come up instantly more often, sleeps a little better. But that could purely be placebo effect. I've also been lucky. Never a reboot (while driving or at wake up), never lost audio bass, never lost audio, and currently 1 second max delay on backup camera. But I know those are very random issues and my lack of them might be pure luck and nothing to do with a factory reset now and then.

It is tedious to factory reset. It's no big deal though.

But if for some reason you can't re-setup homelink I'd want to find out why. Maybe the car has an issue that needs to be addressed or perhaps the door opener needs a factory reset ;) I always like to know I can reset/reconfigure any time I need to. I kind of lost track all the changes I made and why I made them. Might be as simple as a low battery in your clicker. I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Homelink seems to be working OK NOW

Cool. But when you have had issues was only the "automatic opening/closing" that was giving you trouble or was it the signal sent to the door that would sometimes not work (even if clicked manually)?
Thanks MSW. The latter. I could touch the screen to issue a command and it looked like it went through but no action on the door open or close.