TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Homelink & Tesla App

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by napabill, Aug 25, 2016.

1. napabill

napabill Active Member

Would sure be nice if there was discrete button in the Tesla App lp-for just sending an open/close signal to my garage door via the Homelink function. My garage door opener is a bit long of tooth and has no way to open or close it without the garage remote which I never have.

2. Plugsuvohio

Plugsuvohio Member

Seems like that could be a door management problem if I understand correctly. Remember that the Homelink system does not have any position feedback, so you don't know if your door is already open/closed or somewhere in between. All it can do (unfortunately) is toggle. I love home automation but really have avoided operating a door I can not see or having additional sensors for position.

3. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

This feature actually exists! In the homelink settings menu or possibly the autopark settings submenu there is an option to select which programmed garage door you want to associate with summon to auto-open/auto-close, once you select it you will find a Homelink button on the top right of the Home tab of your Tesla app.

• Informative x 1
  4. napabill

napabill Active Member

To answer my own question, the App Remote S has a button for sending a Homelink signal from the car to activate the garage door. Great feature for those of us with ancient openers with no outside keypad.

5. rcv523

rcv523 New Member

the new 8.0 upgrade offers an automatic open an close of the garage door when arriving/leaving... this function works when I arrive but not when I leave the garage. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

6. dprisoner

dprisoner Member

The Tesla app sometimes has a homelink button on the Summon page. It may be tied to when the homelink is in geofenced area it's programmed for.