Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink & Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like that could be a door management problem if I understand correctly. Remember that the Homelink system does not have any position feedback, so you don't know if your door is already open/closed or somewhere in between. All it can do (unfortunately) is toggle. I love home automation but really have avoided operating a door I can not see or having additional sensors for position.

Would sure be nice if there was discrete button in the Tesla App lp-for just sending an open/close signal to my garage door via the Homelink function. My garage door opener is a bit long of tooth and has no way to open or close it without the garage remote which I never have.
This feature actually exists! In the homelink settings menu or possibly the autopark settings submenu there is an option to select which programmed garage door you want to associate with summon to auto-open/auto-close, once you select it you will find a Homelink button on the top right of the Home tab of your Tesla app.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Would sure be nice if there was discrete button in the Tesla App lp-for just sending an open/close signal to my garage door via the Homelink function. My garage door opener is a bit long of tooth and has no way to open or close it without the garage remote which I never have.
To answer my own question, the App Remote S has a button for sending a Homelink signal from the car to activate the garage door. Great feature for those of us with ancient openers with no outside keypad.