Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used a local garage door company who fitted a Hormann Supramatic E, and had tried to fit the Liftmaster PR433-4 Universal Receiver recommended in this thread.

Sadly, they couldn't get HomeLink to work, but I'm not sure if it was their lack of experience with the Universal Receiver, or a problem with the car!

Part of their confusion was that the Liftmaster PR433-4 instructions say to press the HomeLink buttons in the car to send the code, but in the Tesla, it's trying to learn the code from a transmitter. Since they only have the Universal Receiver, and the Hormann Supramatic Transmitter (which uses a rolling BiSecur code incompatible with HomeLink), it's unclear how to set this up?

Has anyone else done this that can provide some guidance on the steps needed (e.g. do I need to buy a special "fixed code" transmitter?)

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I used a local garage door company who fitted a Hormann Supramatic E, and had tried to fit the Liftmaster PR433-4 Universal Receiver recommended in this thread.

Sadly, they couldn't get HomeLink to work, but I'm not sure if it was their lack of experience with the Universal Receiver, or a problem with the car!

Part of their confusion was that the Liftmaster PR433-4 instructions say to press the HomeLink buttons in the car to send the code, but in the Tesla, it's trying to learn the code from a transmitter. Since they only have the Universal Receiver, and the Hormann Supramatic Transmitter (which uses a rolling BiSecur code incompatible with HomeLink), it's unclear how to set this up?

Has anyone else done this that can provide some guidance on the steps needed (e.g. do I need to buy a special "fixed code" transmitter?)

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

In order to get the PR433-4 to work you need a fixed programmable remote. This is the one I bought for mine.

Chamberlain TX4RUNI Remote Control details

I’ve programmed mine so that I can now use either that remote or the rolling code remotes that came with my door.

Of course I’ve not got the M3 yet, and it may or may not have Homelink built in...:D

Although realistically I can't see them adding it prior to delivery if its not already there. It was clearly part of the spec that we ordered though and I know of at least one customer where they've agreed they'll retrofit it. Personally I'd fine credit to the value more useful!

Although realistically I can't see them adding it prior to delivery if its not already there. It was clearly part of the spec that we ordered though and I know of at least one customer where they've agreed they'll retrofit it. Personally I'd fine credit to the value more useful!

Doesn’t necessarily need to be auctioned before delivery, what’s important is that it’s mentioned/agreed prior to delivery so they don’t try to get out of including it at a later date.

Although if they say no prior to delivery you might be left in the situation of agreeing to take the car without it or cancelling the order I guess?

I am not saying anything has to be done before delivery, if however you accept the car without mentioning it then it’s going to be more difficult for any comeback regarding it.

If you at least confirm what’s going on with it prior to delivery you will no where you stand, if homelink is not going to be added for free then at least you know.

Homelink should be included on all premium interior upgrade cars ordered before may 30th orders that’s the email I have. I pointed this out before I took delivery and no homelink on any of my model 3s I will get this even if I have to go to court on this issue Tesla is starting to really annoy me so many issues with my cars and not one of them dealt with satisfactorily or even remotely good always emails and no action they need a serious lesson from the good old British legal system in my opinion

on 5 September, I scheduled a service appointment to have Homelink added to my P+ that was originally set for tomorrow. Last night I received this text telling me the part is still on order: "Hi Kenneth, thank you for self-scheduling an appointment. The parts for your Homelink are on order, with no ETA. We will cancel your self-scheduled appointment for the time being and will re-arrange once parts have arrived with us. Please reply to this message with any queries in the meantime. Best wishes, Tesla Mobile Service"

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, Sam, that your install goes as planned today. Do let us know.

Quick thoughts on Homelink Alternatives:

I tried setting up HomeAssistant to activate external lights when it detected mobile phones connecting to the WiFi when pulling up in the car. It worked, however the phone often took 90 seconds to notice and connect to the WiFi by which point it was too late to be of much use, already out of the car and flicking the switch manually by then.

I'm going for a Plan B which is to GeoFence the car location from Tesla API & hook this into MQTT, in theory NodeRed and a few rules should pick the car up on the approach and I can lower the drawbridge, turn on lights etc. as I'm approaching.

I assume TeslaFi does this sort of thing but I'd prefer to avoid subscribing when I could spend hours muttering away at my computer instead.

• Funny
Reactions: drewpost and Roy W.
How about automatic number plate recognition? I see there is openalpr at Github - I wonder if someone has already done something along these lines.
I did look at this, it’s relatively simple as the hard work has been done by others. Saying that I haven’t bothered, yet. The nice thing with this is I could put friends, local delivery drivers etc. in the rules and ping me that somebody is parking up.

Reactions: .jg.
on 5 September, I scheduled a service appointment to have Homelink added to my P+ that was originally set for tomorrow. Last night I received this text telling me the part is still on order: "Hi Kenneth, thank you for self-scheduling an appointment. The parts for your Homelink are on order, with no ETA. We will cancel your self-scheduled appointment for the time being and will re-arrange once parts have arrived with us. Please reply to this message with any queries in the meantime. Best wishes, Tesla Mobile Service"

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, Sam, that your install goes as planned today. Do let us know.
Just to let you know the Ranger came out and retrofitted my Homelink free of charge. It took a bit longer than I expected though - over two hours!

Reactions: Roy W.