Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink with upgraded display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model "Y" is in a parking space that's roughly 1,000 feet from the front gate.
There is NO WiFi in the garage so I am unable to access the Homelink "house" icon until I am about 300 feet from the front gate.
My question is, how do I access the Homelink icon from the new display since I already removed some of the icons before realizing that the "Controls" page is no longer in the upper right corner of the display (as it was before the upgrade to the new display).
What I have been doing is using Voice Command to access Controls and then click on the Homelink "house", click on Homelink and then click on either the Incoming or Outgoing icon, which is not a very user friendly scenario and would appreciate your suggestions for making this an easier and safer task so that I look at the road instead of looking at the display.
Thank you
Bob

Also, when you approach the gate, a button to open it should show up below the 3D visualization of your car (down where PSI and trip cards used to be).

But yes, you can ALWAYS access the homelink controls by hitting the car icon in the lower left of the screen and then hitting the green homelink button up top where it used to be.

Thanks guy.
Unfortunately the the button to open the gate does not appear below the 3D visualization of my car probably because of "operator error", I removed it trying to find icons that I use on the new interface so I have to use voice command CONTROLS, then hit the house icon, then Homelink and finally Outbound or Inbound which has my looking at the display for longer than I would like because I am making turns to get to the gate.
It would be nice if Homelink was a Voice Command and even nicer if it was "locked" on the display.
Hopefully enough people bombard Tesla with request to make Homelink more user friendly that they might listen and make these changes in their next update.
In the interim, I am not very happy that I have to struggle to get to the Homelink icon.

My Model "Y" is in a parking space that's roughly 1,000 feet from the front gate.
There is NO WiFi in the garage so I am unable to access the Homelink "house" icon until I am about 300 feet from the front gate.
My question is, how do I access the Homelink icon from the new display since I already removed some of the icons before realizing that the "Controls" page is no longer in the upper right corner of the display (as it was before the upgrade to the new display).
What I have been doing is using Voice Command to access Controls and then click on the Homelink "house", click on Homelink and then click on either the Incoming or Outgoing icon, which is not a very user friendly scenario and would appreciate your suggestions for making this an easier and safer task so that I look at the road instead of looking at the display.
Thank you
Bob
I am still confused. So to operate a garage door from the car without the remote you have to order Homelink and then schedule someone to install it? My MYLR EDD is August

I am still confused. So to operate a garage door from the car without the remote you have to order Homelink and then schedule someone to install it? My MYLR EDD is August
Garage door opener with Homelink is a Tesla installed option after delivery. The cost of installation is included in the price. You schedule installation with the app after you have received the opener at your house from FedEx