Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will find out soon...:(
Picking up MYP today...:D

I will go as far as removing the frunk, not the bumper as I did on my 3 yesterday.

Homelink

If the HomeLink module is in the same location as in the M3, I should be able to "feel" it without removing the front bumper. If the module is not there, at least I will locate the connector's dead end.

Thanks and please keep us posted! I use homelinks on all my cars and it's frustrating that it won't be included. And, I pre-ordered it on the night the car has been announced.

Given that today is the anniversary of my $2500 loan to Tesla for whatever they feel like delivering to me, and I’m still waiting on getting my 3 repaired (all of 2000 miles on it and the front oil pump is broke - appointment in April unless they don’t feel like it), seems like time to cancel the Y. Maybe a missionary out there that wants my day 2 order. Maybe a stealth 3 too??? Guess I’m not that religious when it comes to cars... But hey, enjoy worshipping yours, whatever it turns out to be.

• Disagree
Reactions: Scott7
Thanks and please keep us posted! I use homelinks on all my cars and it's frustrating that it won't be included. And, I pre-ordered it on the night the car has been announced.

Look's like no HomeLink Module in the Model Y.

20200316_184934.jpg

Homelink is now available to order for MY. $300 which includes installation. - Automatic Garage Opener

Thank you for the link. I'm not often disappointed with Tesla over the last 4+ years, but I really am with the missing Homelink module. It's not the $300 as much as it was clearly state that it would have "location aware automatic garage door opener" in the details when my order was placed. In the past, Tesla almost always gave MORE than what's initially promised.

I just ordered one before they're sold out. I know it says Installation is included, but they're sending this to my house, so I wonder if it's really "included". I hope they don't outgrow their motto: Under promise, over deliver!

I just got a call confirming funding, so I'm still super excited to get the car!

Per the published model Y manual:

Mirror Auto Tilt
Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt
downward when Model Y is shifted into
Reverse. When you shift back into Drive, the
mirrors return to their normal (upward)
position.
To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls >
Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Tilt.
Mirror Auto Fold
Both exterior mirrors can automatically fold
inward whenever you exit and lock Model Y.
When you unlock Model Y, the exterior mirrors
then automatically unfold.
Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Fold.
Rear View Mirror
The rear view mirror is adjusted manually.
When in the Drive or Neutral gear, the rear
view mirror automatically dims in low lighting
conditions (for example, when driving at night
or through a tunnel).

Looks like auto fold and dimming of the main rear view mirror is there.

Per the published model Y manual:

Mirror Auto Tilt
Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt
downward when Model Y is shifted into
Reverse. When you shift back into Drive, the
mirrors return to their normal (upward)
position.
Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Tilt.
Mirror Auto Fold
Both exterior mirrors can automatically fold
inward whenever you exit and lock Model Y.
When you unlock Model Y, the exterior mirrors
then automatically unfold.
Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Fold.
Rear View Mirror
The rear view mirror is adjusted manually.
When in the Drive or Neutral gear, the rear
view mirror automatically dims in low lighting
conditions (for example, when driving at night
or through a tunnel).

Looks like auto fold and dimming of the main rear view mirror is there.

the question is on auto dimming of the exterior mirrors which was initially marketed when orders were placed but not available anymore

See what you mean. Model 3 owners manual says this:
The driver’s side mirror automatically dims in
low lighting conditions (such as at night), in
proportion to the level of glare from the
headlights of a vehicle behind you
This is missing from the model Y manual. Guess we will need one of the new owners to confirm if this is the case or not. You would think it would be the same on the Y as on the 3 but you can never assume anything with Tesla.