Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll have to agree with TBrownTX. Attaching your current remote to the sun visor = $0.

My recently-purchased 2019 Model 3 SR+ has Homelink so of course I activated the feature. But I'm not convinced that it's worth $325 to have the car effectively click the button for me as I approach. And I've seen too many claims of cracked windows and such when enabling auto-closing to trust that. So I need to manually click the button 50% of the time anyway.

Upvote 0
I got my car when they were still including it. Over 2.5yrs later I’d absolutely pay the $325 if I were to get another Tesla. I‘ve been using the auto open/close Since day 1. There can be times I‘m driving in and out of the garage multiple times a day and it works flawlessly. Just back out, it closes automatically as I get further away and I drive away. When come home just pull into the driveway and as I get closer to the garage it opens the door. The only time I have to intervene is if I’m backing out of the garage but DON’T want the door to close (ie washing the car, waiting for rest of family to come out etc)….then I have to cancel the auto close as I’m backing out. I’m so used to it I have to consciously think about pressing the home link button in my wife’s car when I drive it…or else I’ll drive away without closing it lol. Could you easily use the remote door opener? Absolutely…but for me the auto open/close adds to the Tesla experience of automation. If it didn’t have auto open/close I wouldn’t pay for it.

Upvote 0
Does the current Tesla Homelink work with old style 300Mhz dip switch remotes? the reason i ask is that my GF just bought a new Jeep Wrangler with Homelink and it will not accept the gate remote code for our community gate. Calls directly to Homelink were not productive and even indicated that the newer versions will not work with that gate opener. (although the Homelink in my 2018 Stinger and 2009 Benz SL550 worked fine). i don't want to drop $325 and still have to carry a gate remote in the car.

Upvote 0