Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honda blindspot camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car in to the dealer for some service and they gave me a 21 HRX to drive. It has on the passenger side mirror, a camera that when you change lanes (with the turn signal) the picture shows up on the center screen. Very nice feature in a $25k vehicle. Wouldn't it be cool if Tesla did the same thing with their side cameras. I can't think that it would be too difficult to program.
84248B6F-F007-44BF-A32E-E9AE816497BA_1_105_c.jpeg
07D50E19-1240-40CD-8276-5EA5B0C98E96_1_105_c.jpeg
84248B6F-F007-44BF-A32E-E9AE816497BA_1_105_c.jpeg

I took my car in to the dealer for some service and they gave me a 21 HRX to drive. It has on the passenger side mirror, a camera that when you change lanes (with the turn signal) the picture shows up on the center screen. Very nice feature in a $25k vehicle. Wouldn't it be cool if Tesla did the same thing with their side cameras. I can't think that it would be too difficult to program.View attachment 631098 View attachment 631099 View attachment 631098
Agree, that would be pretty cool. The funny thing is that the only reason I regularly look at the visualization of the car on the MCU is to check my blindspot. Why would Tesla make the visualization available and prominent on the screen if they didn't want you to look at it while driving, even without AP/EAP/FSD engaged? (And yes, I check my mirrors and turn my head before making turns.)

I took my car in to the dealer for some service and they gave me a 21 HRX to drive. It has on the passenger side mirror, a camera that when you change lanes (with the turn signal) the picture shows up on the center screen. Very nice feature in a $25k vehicle. Wouldn't it be cool if Tesla did the same thing with their side cameras. I can't think that it would be too difficult to program.
Yeah, I always wonder why Tesla doesn't do this (at least let it be a setting that users can configure). The most similar possible right now is keeping the camera screen up, but it'll be much easier if Tesla just shows the side camera when you activate the turn signal. Should be very easy to implement in software.

Seems like if you need this, your mirrors are maladjusted. They should be further out, and you can see all you need.

You don't need to see down the side of your car. You need to see what's in the next lane.

Totally disagree. I have my mirrors properly adjusted and yet, you can never have too much blind spot info IMO.

This feature and birds eye view when parking! Both features that are available on much less expensive cars can’t come soon enough. I was hoping the holiday update contained these but instead we got more games and fancy noises (if your newer Tesla is so equipped with external noise-making devices).

I took my car in to the dealer for some service and they gave me a 21 HRX to drive. It has on the passenger side mirror, a camera that when you change lanes (with the turn signal) the picture shows up on the center screen. Very nice feature in a $25k vehicle. Wouldn't it be cool if Tesla did the same thing with their side cameras. I can't think that it would be too difficult to program.View attachment 631098 View attachment 631099 View attachment 631098
Watch your side repeater camera feed at night when the turn signal is activated...