Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honda Clarity PHEV 47 Mile AER Midsize Sedan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. This car is well on its way to orphan status. Tune entire Clarity lineup was kind of an experiment and that experiment is coming to an end.

I still like mine, mostly. It’s a very comfortable car and the finishes are holding up very nicely after two years. I’m holding on to it for just a little longer to see if Model Y will fit my needs.

The values dropped quite dramatically due to some significant incentives on them last year.

Overall I would not recommend the car to a friend based on its orphan status and potential issues with service. However, for anyone who does their homework and determines its a good car for them, especially with tax credits, it could be a good fit.

We just hit the one year mark on our Clarity PHEV and it has been nothing short of amazing. Great fit and finish, efficiency, etc. We came over from a Volt, which we also loved but outgrew due to having two little ones. That said, I am a little worried about the potential orphan status, which has me looking at some potential fall back options.

Reactions: AlanSqB
Ya, that's a bummer but not a surprise. I don't look at it as a failure. The purpose of the PHEV was as a stepping stone to full BEV, and the reason Honda is stopping production is to focus on full BEVs, so they must think the business case is finally there for them.

My mother has one, and it's really nice inside. I was genuinely surprised at the luxury aspects of the interior. Not that quick, but quick enough for her, enough range for her to drive all around Phoenix but still go further if she needs with gas. I think she'll keep it a long time still.