Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Launch Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the invitation (finally), and replied.

Now how do we prevent a repeat of events, from the test drives?

Many thanks for responding to the Tesla Hong Kong delivery event invitation.

We’re delighted that you will be able to attend the event. The event will start at 6.30pm and pre-registration will be available from 6pm.

Further details will be sent to you shortly in a confirmation email.

We look forward to welcoming you at Kai Tak Cruise Terminal on Wednesday 23rd July 2014.
With kind regards,
Tesla Motors Hong Kong

My emphasis/underline. The term "shortly" in TM terminology is a flexible one, I know, and I do want to be patient (this was received 16 hours ago, and no confirmation yet).

For the test drives, we waited and waited and waited, while the RVSPs had ended up in some IT mishap. Better be on top of events this time, once burned ...

- - - Updated - - -

No Whatsapp here. Sorry.

I'm happy about a Whatsapp group, and those who are not using WhatsApp can be contacted in other ways.

Who will volunteer for the WhatsApp group? Then we can PM phone numbers to that person to be added (I think that's how it works).

I have never been there before. Can someone who has please suggest a meeting point? Perhaps a McDonalds or 7-Eleven or Mannings? We can all meet in front of there before the event starts?

I also suggest a post-event "party" of sorts, whether it's dinner, pub or whatever. As long as it's a venue which isn't too loud (sorry, too old for disco's haha). A place where you can informally eat/drink as desired, like a pub setting, might be optimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmation of the RVSP just received by email!

Instructions for taxi, shuttle bus and driving (free parking). If anyone is driving, there are two of us who'd be delighted for a ride if possible.

Am I supposed to have received a confirmation e-mail? I haven't yet. Should I be worried? (especially given the test drive fiasco)

I wrote back to Sei Liu and asked her to confirm it, and she said she was going through the list. If you didn't hear anything, email her directly to confirm. I was wary too, after the test drive event.

Would someone else care to take care of the WhatsApp group? I am quite busy so if anyone would care to volunteer - please raise your hand!