TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hong Kong Launch Event

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by markwj, Jul 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Benz

Benz Active Member

Well, you don't need to have a Tesla Model S to find out what the capacity of the Supercharger station is. The technical details are written on a sticker somewhere on the cabinet (or somewhere else).

2. sonywong

sonywong Member

Benz, I can check it for u if I get my car next week. The two SCs are in paid parking. One is in a retail/office building complex and the other one is in a cruise terminal (I think less than 1% HK people have been there). Basically both locations are not very convenient locations with public transportation.

3. Benz

Benz Active Member

Very good. Currently, the highest capacity is 135 kWh. But I hope that you guys have an even higher capacity of 150 kWh. That would be really awesome.

4. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

He said "this is the latest and most highest power superchargers we have anywhere in the world". I take that to mean 135kWh. Not higher power than anywhere else, but the same highest power.

If they could push beyond 135kWh, surely they would have announced it before? Or did I miss something?

5. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P90DL

It was mentioned by JB if I can recall correctly, that 150kW was the maximum for current gen packs. No chargers with this capability have been discovered so far, so it's still theoretical.

6. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

One year ago TODAY since the first 8 Tesla Model S (Signature) were delivered in Hong Kong!

See pictures from post #72 in this thread

Time flies.

Today there would be somewhere around 1700 Tesla Model S or so - a year ago, there were none!