Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Launch Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DITB, yes, that's ultimately what I did, and she forwarded me the confirmation within a few minutes.
Does anyone have some Tesla gear (like a T-shirt or something)? I'm thinking in lieu of a Whatsapp group, what might be easier is just we set a time and meet in front of some landmark.

DITB, yes, that's ultimately what I did, and she forwarded me the confirmation within a few minutes.
Does anyone have some Tesla gear (like a T-shirt or something)? I'm thinking in lieu of a Whatsapp group, what might be easier is just we set a time and meet in front of some landmark.

I have got lots of Tesla gear.

T-shirts, sports jackets, metal "lunch box", cardboard cups and anything else Tesla I can get. Even some items I cannot write about here ...

The invitation says "smart casual" and I didn't want to be confused as being Tesla Motors Employee, so I was actually thinking of dressing up formally. Can you imagine the confusion if a lot of guests are wearing various Tesla Motors apparel? I'm not ashamed of wearing it yet I won't bother Tesla by confusing others who is a guest and who is TM employee.

Need reconfirmation? I thought after you have registered this will show up,

2014-07-15 09.48.jpg

I have got lots of Tesla gear.

T-shirts, sports jackets, metal "lunch box", cardboard cups and anything else Tesla I can get. Even some items I cannot write about here ...

The invitation says "smart casual" and I didn't want to be confused as being Tesla Motors Employee, so I was actually thinking of dressing up formally. Can you imagine the confusion if a lot of guests are wearing various Tesla Motors apparel? I'm not ashamed of wearing it yet I won't bother Tesla by confusing others who is a guest and who is TM employee.

Good point, DITB. But given that you have the Tesla gear, would you mind bringing something that will make it easy for us to recognize you? And we can set a place... I haven't been to the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal before -- has anyone been before? Is there a McDonalds or Mannings or some other "landmark" that we can easily find? As for time, let's say 6:15pm? (I'll be taking the shuttle bus offered by TM from Admiralty).
Looking forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

lx3h, there is a confirmation e-mail that you're supposed to bring with you to the event. You may wish to ask Sei Liu for it. She wrote back to me quite quickly (within half an hour).

Good point, DITB. But given that you have the Tesla gear, would you mind bringing something that will make it easy for us to recognize you? And we can set a place... I haven't been to the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal before -- has anyone been before? Is there a McDonalds or Mannings or some other "landmark" that we can easily find? As for time, let's say 6:15pm? (I'll be taking the shuttle bus offered by TM from Admiralty).
Looking forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

lx3h, there is a confirmation e-mail that you're supposed to bring with you to the event. You may wish to ask Sei Liu for it. She wrote back to me quite quickly (within half an hour).

Great! Thanks! I will contact her when my +1 is confirmed.

Looking forward to it!

First of all, registration starts from 6pm. I prefer to be early, rather than late, it also gives room for unforeseen circumstances.

Starbucks Coffee, next to Zara at Telford Plaza, from 5pm (latest 6pm?). I suggest we meet there, as one of the two free shuttle buses leave from exactly Telford Plaza (departure times to be confirmed).

Sure, I can wear my bright red Tesla Motors sports jacket, and cap (if I can find it).

Is someone making a WhatsApp group, or do I really have to?

---

Edit: Changed venue from Pacific Coffee to Starbucks. Oh, I really like Pacific better, but so be it, they lost due to location this time.

Thanks, jh78, you be the WhatsApp groupie!

Last edited:
I can do it. Please PM me all of your numbers. For Vmax, I will SMS you every now and then to update what's happening on the whatsapp side?

I will definitely leaving from Kowloon Bay as my office is just 3 mins walk from Telford Plaza. I will drive to the terminal but I certainly can guide you guys to the shuttle bus place before I take off.

However I suggest meeting at Starbucks instead of Pacific, its easier to find, just next to Zara and more in-route to the shuttle bus place.

I can do it. Please PM me all of your numbers. For Vmax, I will SMS you every now and then to update what's happening on the whatsapp side?

I will definitely leaving from Kowloon Bay as my office is just 3 mins walk from Telford Plaza. I will drive to the terminal but I certainly can guide you guys to the shuttle bus place before I take off.

However I suggest meeting at Starbucks instead of Pacific, its easier to find, just next to Zara and more in-route to the shuttle bus place.

OK, starbuxxx it is.

Phone number on the way, thank you jh78.

Received 6 numbers so far. Those who will join the event and would like to be in whatsapp group, please PM me ASAP. I will start the group in 24 hours.

That's nice!

Someone familiar with the area - is there a place nearby with an informal setting, where you can eat and/or drink, quiet enough to talk (no disco please)? Something like a pub or similar place.

I suggest we gather up after the event, I am sure there is lot's to talk about. Some will be hungry, some will be thirsty (unless TM feeds and water us at the event?)

Next up, we need to find the time table of that Kowloon Bay shuttle service.

- - - Updated - - -

According to email from TM HK (Ms Liu), there is no objection towards wearing Tesla Motors apparel at the event - so I will do just that!

Seems a good bunch connected on WhatsApp now, thanks jh78 for organising.

Vmax should will be kept updated separately, and the major updates here as well.

For now (loose schedule, all times in pm):

From 5-, Starbucks Telford Plaza, Kowloon Bay (Shop Unit G1A, Atrium A, Telford Plaza I, Kowloon Bay)

6-6:30 Shuttle/taxi/car to Kai Tak Ocean Terminal

6:30-7:15 some kind of intro

7:15-7:45 formal delivery ceremony

7:45-8:30 some kind of outtro?

8:30-8:45 Transport to Telford Plaza

8:45- Drink/eat/chat at Ruby Tuesday (they close at 10:30)

Last edited:
After having no confirmation email from Tesla HK, I wrote an email to Sei Liu on Saturday asking about it. Still no reply from her yet and the event starts on Wednesday so I'm not sure I'm invited after all. Talk about things that make you go hmmm...

After having no confirmation email from Tesla HK, I wrote an email to Sei Liu on Saturday asking about it. Still no reply from her yet and the event starts on Wednesday so I'm not sure I'm invited after all. Talk about things that make you go hmmm...

I haven't emailed him/her yet, which makes me wonder, maybe I should just show up with that auto-response I got after registration.