Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Launch Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time Lapse video - didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. But for those that weren't here - this is the whole evening in about a minute:

It's still uploading, should be ready around 1:30. I will be sleeping by then I am sure!

Awesome video! I can see us from 0:32 and confirmed that we were the only group to take group photos on the stage!

Can I embed your video in my blog post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great night, splendid cars, awesome people.

Totally agree, yes. I look forward to when we have our cars, and will meet up places, and maybe also make some "convoy trips" around town.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome video! I can see us from 0:32 and confirmed that we were the only group to take group photos on the stage!

Can I embed your video in my blog post?

Yes, go ahead. I just changed it from unlisted to public, and posted it also in the "Video" forum here on TMC, including link to this thread.

What do you all think of last night? I was a bit confused about the "5 minute speech that would be 5 hours", I didn't really get it - is he the one who provided access to Hopewell Centre superchargers? Is he Roadster owner #1? There should have been a better introduction of him, I am sure he means something special to TM in HK since he got to make the speech.

Here's my blog entry, a simple recount of what happened last night, with photos retouched, videos stabilised and a few opinions added. Take a look if you are curious enough!

http://lockyep.blogspot.hk/2014/07/auto-news-hong-kong-tesla-model-s-first.html

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I've thought. I didn't video his speech though.

Great reporting.

I thought it was a joke, about the grey. Are TD really concerned that the car changes colour in different light settings? How about a white car driving through Wan Chai at night - I am sure it will look pink or even red!

I have a question for our friends in Hong Kong.

It appears that Jerome Guillen has said something important about the two new Supercharger stations in Hong Kong: "the latest and most powerful Superchargers we have anywhere in the world"!!!

Could you please go and visit these two new Supercharger stations and find out exactly how powerful they are? Meaning, are they even more powerful than the currently used 135 kWh Supercharger stations in Europe and the US?

Thanks for your help.

TMC crowd at Tesla Launch event 2014.jpg

From the HK Tesla News thread:

0:52 Sei Liu is walking past

0:54 Two more TMC'ers!

0:59 Rotorbow and three more I think?

1:03 More than 10 TMC'ers plus some family/friends, at our improvised group photo (see the picture above)

1:06 More of us, mainly the taller ones visible (behind Alex)

1:22 The "Tesla Baby" being lifted above the crowd, and swinging side to side - haha!

2:05 More again, I think Rotorbow?

I have a question for our friends in Hong Kong.

It appears that Jerome Guillen has said something important about the two new Supercharger stations in Hong Kong: "the latest and most powerful Superchargers we have anywhere in the world"!!!

Could you please go and visit these two new Supercharger stations and find out exactly how powerful they are? Meaning, are they even more powerful than the currently used 135 kWh Supercharger stations in Europe and the US?

Thanks for your help.

I would very much appreciate a reply to my question.