Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Model X issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Model X 90D late Jan. Drives great when it works...already brought back to service twice with the following issues:

1) A/C not working. Have since been fixed
2) Left side senor sensing phantom objects. Have since been fixed.
3) Right (driver side) door rattling noise, since been corrected with minor squeaking noise, tolerable.

4) now I got "Car Needs Serive , power reduced" warning twice while driving. First time I pulled over, powered off the car, restart, the warning was gone. I called Tesla, they old me if the warning doesn't come back, it should be fine. Second time happened last night, stepped on the gas to accelerate, same warning popped up. I managed to drive home without hard acceleration. Called Tesla, this time they told me to bring it in for a check. This morning I started the car and the warning is gone again, drives normal, but I think I will bring it in for a check just in case.

Love the car when it works...but the issues start to really bug me. Is it my luck or anyone else with similar issues with their X?

Just because the warnings come and go you probably shouldn't be worried that the service center can't see them.
Warnings for #4 should be recorded in the vehicle's logs and should be able to be seen by the techs.

You can also use voice command to log errors/ bugs as well.

Just got my Model X 90D a couple of weeks ago and I am already having so many issues with the car. First of all the delivery of the new car came in such poor condition. There was a dent on the chrome driver's side and then there was touch up paint job on the side covering some scratches. How could they try to hide something like that and hope the customer won't notice. I am hearing a rattling noise near the passenger door just like andy13. I'm also getting "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable, contact Tesla services if the problem persists" on the dash board. The automatic windshield wipers are also not automatic. It keeps going even when the windshield is clean. Are other owners having these same problems? I feel like the service here in Hong Kong are overwhelmed with so many issues that they don't have any customer service.

Just got my Model X 90D a couple of weeks ago and I am already having so many issues with the car. First of all the delivery of the new car came in such poor condition. There was a dent on the chrome driver's side and then there was touch up paint job on the side covering some scratches. How could they try to hide something like that and hope the customer won't notice. I am hearing a rattling noise near the passenger door just like andy13. I'm also getting "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable, contact Tesla services if the problem persists" on the dash board. The automatic windshield wipers are also not automatic. It keeps going even when the windshield is clean. Are other owners having these same problems? I feel like the service here in Hong Kong are overwhelmed with so many issues that they don't have any customer service.

Automatic wipers are not ready due to AP2 software not being ready. That's what I've been told.

Driver Assistance Features Unavaialble is also due to AP2 hardware, so I was told. I am back to service center today for Car Needs Service warning. Plus my front door rattling noise is creeping back. Also had a phantom object warning on my left falcon door again yesterday. The adventure continues...will update how that goes. 3rd visit in two months, hope that's not a pattern

Driver Assistance Features Unavaialble is also due to AP2 hardware, so I was told. I am back to service center today for Car Needs Service warning. Plus my front door rattling noise is creeping back. Also had a phantom object warning on my left falcon door again yesterday. The adventure continues...will update how that goes. 3rd visit in two months, hope that's not a pattern
I have owned my X since early February. It has been parked in my garage for 15 days, and in the local service center for 30. Perhaps RHD cars have more issues, but I definitely think that outside the US the service centers seem to be overwhelmed. Whatever the reason it's doing the Tesla brand some damage.

I have owned my X since early February. It has been parked in my garage for 15 days, and in the local service center for 30. Perhaps RHD cars have more issues, but I definitely think that outside the US the service centers seem to be overwhelmed. Whatever the reason it's doing the Tesla brand some damage.

Could be worse, Pretty sure I'd just refuse this delivery.... :oops:

tesla-truck-5.jpg